• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your political compass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphos

Auror
Just for the lulz I took an interesting test online which supposedly deduced my position on the political compass, that compass being:

rINusJh.png

This is what I ended up with...

eNdOBPx.png

Sup, Gandhi!

In case anyone else is curious as to where they'd be plotted: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

chart

I have no idea where this places me in terms of other people. Although, perhaps I was reading the questions too literally because almost anytime they used the word some I took that to mean anywhere between one instance to not all instances and usually hit agree. I actually think I am a bit farther right than the compass indicates, but that is just my perception.

Last edited:

SeverinR

Vala
When I saw this, I thought that won't last long, but as long as we are talking spots on the spectrum, not political beleifs I think it might survive. MYthic Scribes tries to stay(modern) A-political

I think I am 3 down and 3-5 right on the spectrum depending on the issue. On some issues I can even track alittle to the left on some minor issues.

Last edited:

Gryphos

Auror
SeverinR said:
When I saw this, I thought that won't last long, but as long as we are talking spots on the spectrum, not political beleifs I think it might survive. MYthic Scribes tries to stay(modern) A-political

I completely understand. I do not wish to debate or discuss politics here. I'm just curious as to how diverse our political stances as a community are.

Last edited:

Incanus

Auror
Not savvy enough to include the image. Anyway, I'm not too far from Gryphos.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

SeverinR

Vala
I completely understand. I do not wish to debate or discuss politics here. I'm just curious as to how diverse our political stances as a community are.

My way of reminding posters of this. Even better that you said it.

Modern politics definately get to heated. Much easier talking of Fantasy evil Land barons and Overlords.

"My wife once asked me, Why do you like the SCA, they have a King and you oppose them in real life."
"It's all make believe, and it's traditional ye olde government."

Last edited:
The last time I saw someone post this test (on another site), every single respondent raged against it.

They tried to tell me I'm a libertarian somewhere left of Ghandi.

Nope, sorry kids, I'm a big ol' Commie. Stop lying.

Ugh, libertarians have been trying to sell me that test since I was eleven. NOBODY LIKES YOUR PHILOSOPHY. STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THEY'RE SECRETLY ON YOUR SIDE.

Fun fact! One time, when I was a confused preteen who new nothing about politics, I did a test that was very similar to this one. It told me that I was very clearly a libertarian. So armed with this new knowledge, I googled 'libertarian' and jumped into the first website I could find to read about this amazing political view...! Only to leave it approximately five minutes with the new knowledge that libertarians are, in fact, batshit insane.

etc. etc. etc.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I think it's a dumb test. You can see the bias built into the questions. Most of these tests look something like this. But there was a test going around facebook several years ago, when people still used "plug ins" into their facebook profile page, that everyone raved about and had only four questions.

Unfortunately I have to lock this thread. Some of the questions are kind of offensive just to read (My race is superior? It's foolish to be proud of your country? Where are those questions supposed to place you?). And already we have quotes calling one view "batshit insane."

As for my own views, I would put myself on the chart, but I'm a little politicked out right now. My cousin is married to Ted Cruz's economic adviser, and we had kind of a fun discussion last Saturday. But if I have to think any more about possible tax policies I'm just going to get depressed.

Reaver

Staff
My way of reminding posters of this. Even better that you said it.

Modern politics definitely get too heated. Much easier talking of Fantasy evil Land barons and Overlords.

Thanks again SeverinR. I think it's best to lock this thread before things start to heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.