• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Please keep my friend in your thoughts/prayers/etc.

Panda

Troubadour
Hey guys, I know I haven't been on these forums for the past couple of weeks. I had some stupid real life drama with job searching that all seems trivial now.

My best friend, April, is a Peace Corps volunteer in Nepal. There was an earthquake in Kathmandu and over 1,000 people are dead. I haven't been able to get in contact with April, but I know she was in Kathmandu at the time of the earthquake. I've never been so afraid in my entire life.

If you're the sort of person who prays, meditates, whatever, please keep April in mind, as well as everyone else in Nepal.

Panda

Troubadour
Good news: I just saw that her mom had posted on facebook that she'd called the Peace Corps office and was told that all volunteers in Nepal are accounted for. Please still keep her in your prayers/thoughts/sacrificial offerings to Hypnocat/etc., though, as I still don't know anything other than that. Her mom said they weren't able to give her information on whether or not any volunteers were injured, plus I still don't know if her host family is okay.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
At least you know your friend is safe for the moment.

I understand, from experience, that there's nothing worse than the feeling of helplessness when you don't know.

Tom

Istar
I'll keep you, her, and everyone in Nepal in my prayers. It's really tough to know that someone you care about could be in danger, but can't do anything about it.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'll keep April in my prayers, Panda. Glad to know she's safe! I can't imagine what she must be going though, but on the positive side, she survived it.

Glad you're back, too! I'll reply to your PM later.

Panda

Troubadour
Thanks, everyone. I saw on facebook that her parents were finally able to talk to her and she's okay. I wish she were able to call me, but I realize things must be insane there right now so I understand. I still don't know how her host family is, though, and of course I feel sick about how many people have been killed or injured.