• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Grants

MineOwnKing

Maester
Hey guys,

I'm still new here so I'm not sure how often this subject has been covered already.

If you're just getting started out as a writer and money is tight for you, this is a good time of year to be looking into applying for grants which are usually due for entry by around March of the new year.

2016 will come fast and if you think you qualify for a grant, a little bit of googling and some preparation could put you into some $$.

I'm not sure about grants outside of the states.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I don't think anyone's ever mentioned it here, but there is (or was the last I heard) a legitimate and hefty US grant for writing a novel.

But man what a tough thing to shoot for.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
To the best of my remembrance this hasn't ever come up before on Mythic Scribes.

I think this is a great idea, sharing information with the community about possible grants. Thanks for starting this....

Let's keep this thread alive and get some of our members the money that might make a difference for their work.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Hey guys,

I'm still new here so I'm not sure how often this subject has been covered already.

If you're just getting started out as a writer and money is tight for you, this is a good time of year to be looking into applying for grants which are usually due for entry by around March of the new year.

2016 will come fast and if you think you qualify for a grant, a little bit of googling and some preparation could put you into some $$.

I'm not sure about grants outside of the states.

Just in case some of the newbies here have never had a chance to see this.

There are grants out there to help writers.

Start looking into it now before it's too late.

Incanus

Auror
Wow, hadn't thought of doing anything like this. I wonder what the criterion are. Can't be too easy, I'm guessing. Probably won't really be ready for a few years anyway.