• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Questions for R.A. Salvatore Podcast

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Our two man team at The Grim Tidings Podcast is going all out for our biggest interview to date, with fantasy author legend R.A. Salvatore. In anticipation for this interview next weekend, I wanted to field some questions or thoughts you have about his work or anything that you think would be a good topic to bring up. This is someone with over two decades in the game, so it's a great opportunity for sure to ask some burning questions.

Any thoughts or questions?

The big ones I'll be asking will pertain to a possible Drizzt movie or TV show down the line, about him doing more video games, and asking about the viral audio book that featured Ice T among other notable celebrities (Felicia Day, Wil Weaton, etc.)

Thanks!

Reaver

Staff
1)How many times was his stuff rejected before he got published?

B) What's it like living in such close proximity to Legendary Sidekick?

On a personal note, tell him that Reaver says: "Hi Bob! How's the weather?"

He'll get it.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
1) I'd like to know how his Dark Elf stories affected his future career. Many actors who breakout in a certain role (action/comedy/gangster/etc) often find themselves pigeon-holed in that cast for future roles. Did he encounter such pigeon-holing?

2) Drizzt offered such fertile ground for a gritty/dark world. I know TSR/WotC tailors their books to the YA crowd, but has/can he recast our favorite dark elf to the adult crowd? I'd love to reread Drizzt with a more adult theme.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
As someone who's been around decades, I'd like to know his thoughts on publishing's changing landscape. Meaning, how does he see his future in publishing and where does he think publishing is now headed for both established authors, beginners, and everyone in between?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Thanks everyone so far! Great ideas here. I'll ask my partner-in-crime if we can fit any of them in.