• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Days of Yore

Xanados

Maester
A treat for you, my lords and lady's.

I present to you writing samples from about four years ago. These were written when I was 14, when I wasn't planning on being a writer. I was a 3D artist at the time.

They are incoherently bad. Enjoy.

So that this thread isn't just a link to my blog, I'd like to see your old work!

Void Realm: The Days of Yore

Last edited:

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Wow. My eyes actually hurt after reading a few lines. Maybe that was the font. We'll say it's the font.

I'd like to share some of my own wince-inducing early work, but I'm afraid it's all been remorselessly consumed by the worms of time. I think. I might have some short stories I wrote in middle school tucked in a box somewhere, but that stuff is gratefully forgotten, and it's hard copy anyway.

You know I used to do manuscripts on a typewriter when I was a kid? Talk about days of yore. I don't think the teens and twenty-somethings would even know how to approach a typewriter. Do we go at it from the front? Can it sense us? How do you cut and paste? The clacking--it's inside my head! And other such madness...crap in a polo hat, I feel old.

Last edited:

Xanados

Maester
Wow. My eyes actually hurt after reading a few lines. Maybe that was the font. We'll say it's the font.
I'm not sure why I feel offended by your saying that. No, I realize it's abysmal work. ;)

Any other brave contributors?

Last edited:
Brilliant!

He looked away in awkwardness
is my fave :)

Whenever I read work that someone self-criticizes as 'terrible', I always think, "Gee, it's not that bad... Maybe what I think is my good work is really just terrible!"

Sparkie

Auror
When I see stuff like this, I look for potential. It's there. In that way, it's good.

I'll try to modify this post with some of my really bad stuff later. :D