Read Reviews on Amazon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend sparkie

Portfolio Entries

My friend sparkie

THERE'S SOMETHING THAT EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD NEEDS TO KNOW:

SPARKIE IS AWESOME!

Now, having said that, why hasn't anyone who's visited his profile page or portfolio left any messages?

Why hasn't anyone (with the exception of a few exceptional people) asked to be his friend here?

I have a simple request...get to know my good friend Sparkie. That's all. Leave a message on his page. Be a friend.

Come to think of it...why isn't every member of this wondrous community reaching out to one another?

I'm not too proud to admit why I'm always trying to make friends here at Mythic Scribes: Because this is one of the last bastions on the internet of decency and open and honest communication without fear of being hurt or rejected.

A place where we as members can share our ideas, our dreams & our hopes without being afraid. A place where we can get away from all the negativity and crap that's going on in day to day life...even if for just a little while. Sparkie is one of the many members of the Scriptorium who exemplify these traits.

Some people may think that I'm lame for saying that, but it's okay. They're entitled to their opinion. I know that in my line of work and in my previous career, I've had enough bad experiences to last a dozen lifetimes.

I'm sure that the vast majority of you all can say the same. That's why I love Mythic Scribes and that's why Sparkie is my friend. I hope that you'll choose to be his friend too.

Heck, I hope that this thread will light a fire which will get everyone to be friends here!

Thanks for listening to my rant and responding.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Reaver; 2-22-12 at 1:34 PM.
    I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

-Psalms 91:2

“It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future.”

-Frank Herbert, DUNE

https://twitter.com/MythicReaver

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to Reaver For This Useful Post:

I admit, I haven't used the adding friend feature very much on here. And I was unaware of anything having been posted in the gallery section as of yet. I'll go check it out today!

I'll say for myself, I consider everyone on Mythic Scribes my friend unless they state otherwise.
    Undead unicorns make me happy!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philip_Overby Splatter-Elf: https://twitter.com/SplatterElf

Ongoing Splatter-Elf novel featuring a violent, foul-mouthed deposed pixie empress, a shapeshifter warlock, weird magic, fantastical creatures, witch hunters, bounty hunters, assassins, warlords, roaming gods, and, of course, a bloody unicorn. https://www.tablo.io/philip-overby/the-bloody-unicorn

4. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Philip Overby For This Useful Post:

Portfolio Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

I'm not too proud to admit why I'm always trying to make friends here at Mythic Scribes: Because this is one of the last bastions on the internet of decency and open and honest communication without fear of being hurt or rejected.
    Amen. Now get Battlefield 3 so we can become better friends by killing others.

And I say, get to know Reaver! MS's friendliest banhammer-squad member! Err - I mean fun moderators!
    Life is a game; learn how to play, and you'll be fine. Except you only have one life, and there aren't any real cheat codes. - Me.

6. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Codey Amprim For This Useful Post:

Wow Reaver, deep. I posted a message on Sparkie's before looking here though. I'll try reaching out to more people though. I would like to start that by becoming you and Sparkie's friends.
    “The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.”
    ― Leon Trotsky

8. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:

Sparkie's cool. Who isn't friends with Sparkie? I'll punch 'em. All of 'em.

Admittedly, though, there's not too much use right now in being Profile Friends or in leaving visitor messages. I don't think it's a good measure.
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G. K. Chesterton

Mythic Scribes Articles

10. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Devor For This Useful Post:

Portfolio Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codey Amprim View Post
    Amen. Now get Battlefield 3 so we can become better friends by killing others.

And I say, get to know Reaver! MS's friendliest banhammer-squad member! Err - I mean fun moderators!
    Well, thanks Codey. I appreciate that. Especially the banhammer part. Don't fret-I'll be purchasing BF3 soon enough...then you shall see cadavera vero innumera!
    I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

-Psalms 91:2

“It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future.”

-Frank Herbert, DUNE

https://twitter.com/MythicReaver

12. The Following Member Says Thank You to Reaver For This Useful Post:

Sorry... what?
    http://voidrealm.blogspot.com/
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Reaver is right, we should be getting to know each other better and be more friendly here at Mythic Scribes!! Anyway, like Phil said, I already consider everyone here my friends unless they state otherwise.

15. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Sheilawisz For This Useful Post:

Screw City (It's a real place in the midwest)
    Portfolio Entries
    Wow.

You're alright, Reaver. I don't care what Sidekick says about you behind your back when he thinks you're not listening, I think you're great :P

First off, I want to thank everyone for all the friend requests and messages. It's been kind of tough for me lately, so when I have an inbox full of greetings and kind words, I can't help but feel better.

Seriously. It's heartwarming.

I also want to give some props to all the people who make this a great site. A lot of members and staff work hard behind the scenes for everyone else's benefit. Just know it's appreciated.

Because this thread is about me, I'll take the opportunity to announce that I intend to run a challenge during the month of April. I won't give away the details yet, but I think it'll be cool.

I hope that I can show as much goodwill as I've been shown here on Mythic Scribes. I'll be doing my best to spread encouragement and positive thinking to everyone. Thanks so much, everyone! (especially you, Reaver)
    The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest. - Kurt Vonnegut

Senior Member Aidan of the tavern's Avatar
    A fine speech, very rousing.

You're right Reaver, we are one of the last beacons of respect and civility on the ever negative net, the net where people can cast off their faces and in anonimity be someone considarably less pleasant for while. We should be proud of our status. I guess like Mr Drill I had kind of assumed we were all friends here, not least Sparkie, who was one of the first to welcome me into this fine group.

What comes around goes around, of course I'll send him an invite (tied with a purple ribbon). You're an example Reaver, I'll send you one too.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve" - Bilbo Baggins
    Twitter: @LaconicAidan

18. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Aidan of the tavern For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast