• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I've seen these in other places before, but this could be a fun way to be creative and use fantasy as well. The goal? Kill the thread. Meaning if the thread lies dormant for over one day, then it is officially dead.

The rules?

Post whatever you want, with the goal to be the last person to say anything on the thread. If you "kill it" you are officially the winner.

However...

You can only post again after someone else has posted.

Things you can post:

1. Your thoughts
2. A story
3. Your thoughts about a story
4. Your thoughts about someone else's story
5. Your grandma's apple pie recipe
6. Basically anything

So go forth and kill this stinky, warty thread!

:D

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
(...the sidekick crawls out from under his rock and creeps older livewriters out while confusing the newer forumland dwellers as he bids the mouse in his coffee mug g'morning and reaches into his sofa cushion cursing, "where did i put that blasted clicker," for he needs to secretly insult the scriptwriters of tvland for a refreshing change of pace...)

2485588000_f7be4a6983_o.jpg

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Are their any good shows on NBC anymore? I watch Desperate Housewives, but it's hard to keep up with over here. Plus, I think that's an ABC show. Ugh, I don't know.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Are their any good shows on NBC anymore? I watch Desperate Housewives, but it's hard to keep up with over here. Plus, I think that's an ABC show. Ugh, I don't know.

For scripted shows, only SMASH and The Office are getting ratings that would even be renewed on the other networks. I watch SMASH, but sometimes it's too much.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I have no idea what's on NBC. Probably nothing good, which is why the (...sidekick...) picked that channel. He's just looking for an excuse to complain.

Does Japan play American shows with Japanese subtitles? I started watching Desperate Housewives in Hong Kong, which I think was subtitled in Chinese. I miss the commercials over there. There was a hair treatment commercial that showed a man running his fingers through a woman's long, silky hair as he was being judo-tossed. I can't remember what the ad with wire-fu swordplay was selling. Toothpaste, I think.

JCFarnham

Auror
I've been led to believe the Japanese have a love of western culture, it wouldn't surprise me if they did sub shows. Alas you probably know better than me. Probably a pay channel any how ;)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
In Hong Kong, there are 2 local networks; each own 2 stations. One broadcasts in English, the other in Cantonese. So we watched Desperate Housewives and CSI on pay channels. I'm only guessing that Japan is similar in that respect, as I assume the life of an English teacher in Japan is similar to that of Hong Kong.

One huge difference between HK and Japan is their love of Western culture. HK--especially teenage girls in HK--has a love of both Western culture and Japanese culture. I used to see a lot of teenage girls dressing like medieval anime maids. I don't know if that description makes sense. Neither does the costume. I found this stuff disturbing before I became a father of two or three daughters.

(For those who know of "the dragon," her gender will be revealed soon. My wife and I are predicting a girl, but my oldest daughter could be right that it's a boy. I can't wait! I'll know on Wednesday!)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Yeah we get shows with Japanese subtitles. Problem is I don't have TV, I just watch DVDs.

Japanese people seem to still love Western culture mostly, but there has been a shift to Koreans as being the new cool foreigner.

Good to know you'll find out the gender soon!

Here's a cool quote I found (that has nothing to do with anything else):

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Nethack

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
(For those who know of "the dragon," her gender will be revealed soon. My wife and I are predicting a girl, but my oldest daughter could be right that it's a boy. I can't wait! I'll know on Wednesday!)

Is she carrying high? You don't really have to answer. I'm trying to think of a pun for that, but I can't of any. good. Gun holster high

((edit)) I don't know what that was.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I've been really sick for two days. I've watched 8 episodes of Grimm, eaten 610 calories of food (because my hubby is so sweet and got me Wonton soup from the local Chinese restaurant), lost two pounds due to dehydration because I can't even stomach water, and had four super excruciatingly hot baths. All I want to do tonight is watch vampire movies and eat popsicles.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Is she carrying high?
I don't know how to judge carrying height.

When my boss was pregnant with fraternal twins (gender doesn't have to be the same), I was the only one who correctly guessed she would have 2 boys. (25% chance of being right, where 1 boy + 1 girl--as everyone else guessed--has 50% odds of being right.) How did I "know?" I flipped a coin twice and got "heads" on both flips.

I assume this guess to be random as well.

I had no idea what gender both our boys were going to be. On the second one, I sort of had an intuitive feeling that it was a girl, but I never claimed any strong belief. And it turned out that I was wrong anyway.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
There's a 50% chance my intuitive belief is right!

...and that the dime I just flipped is wrong. I just flipped that dime off. What do dimes know, anyway?

@#$%^&* dime.

I have had a headache for 3 days.... I'd rather someone killed me than killing the thread atm ;)
Hope everyone is having a good one...

I'll be around eventualy going forget my pc exsists for a while.

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Watched From Dusk 'til Dawn last night. WTF? I thought I'd seen it before, but I would have remembered THAT. I thought when my husband said he remembered it being a comedy he was just being stupid. Hmm... well it did have some funny parts. So after that I put on Dracula 2000. Better, but I remember that being better as well. What's wrong with vampire movies? I mean... it's not like the budget ought to be high, how much can fake blood cost? I am a big old fan of vampire and werewolf movies, but I can't stomach the cheap terrible ones (though I can forgive the bad effects if the story's good).

Anyone have any recommendations?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Watch Sesame Street.

There's no better vampire than Count Von Count.

What? Okay, you tell me how many of those bloodsucking murderers can make lightning just by counting to the number of the day. You don't need to be a supernatural evil entity to bite people. Anybody can do that.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Watch "Let the Right One In" or whatever the American version is called. I heard the original is better, but it's the first vampire movie I've seen in a long time that had me actually emotionally invested.