• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Friend's Zombie Apocalypse Novel

[Note: I think this is the best place to post this, since it doesn't directly involve fantasy writing and involves donations. I don't mean to spam anyone.]

My friend Rob Killam has begun a Kickstarter project for his upcoming self-published zombie novel Apocalypse Springs: Reanimation. Here's the pitch: The apocalypse comes to Colorado Springs, and a crippled, mentally unwell man may be the only hope its survivors have.

Yes, he is looking for donations, and has a bumper crop of rewards for those who decide to back this project. I can give you the link here, and you can head over to decide if this sounds like something you're interested in supporting:

Apocalypse Springs: Reanimation (A Long-Form Novel) by Rob Killam and Jesse Billet — Kickstarter

Aside from Rob being my friend, I really love what he's worked so hard to bring to life. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't generally read zombie books. The excerpts I have read are very strongly written. A fair share of the dialogue is inspired by Firefly quotes. The main character's mentor is a tattooed ass-kicking Irish priest. The zombies have a stronger basis in hard science than in most other books of this genre. And for those of you who aren't fans of Focus on the Family...the location of the book means the undead will be knocking down their headquarters' doors. So, there's that.

Submitted for your consideration. Thanks for your time, everyone!

-John