• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Changing my title style

risu

Troubadour
You all helped tremendously when it came to my cover for Thanmir War. I was playing with the cover for the sequel, and came across a cool tutorial for creating a metallic look. But to keep a series look, I'd need to update my current cover.

Which do you like better? The greenish silver or the gold?

The black and white versions of these are nearly indistinguishable, so that's not much of a factor.

This is the current typography for comparison (the glow in the actual cover is toned down to what you see above, but the lettering color, style, and spacing is the same).

Clindos

Acolyte
Personally I've always felt that silver goes better with green. Green and gold just don't sit well with me. But, that's just my personal opinion!

Fyle

Inkling
I like the green gold.

Whoever pulls the images back can see the gold pops out the best.

I would also say it is a shade of yellow, not necessarily gold.

FarmerBrown

Troubadour
The green/gold combo definitely grabs my attention more. You could call it the "gold" edition ;-) Plus (and this is just nit-picky of me) the greenish-silver type clashes a bit with the other greens in the cover.

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
I think both versions look equally good, but personally I would go with the gold.

While both colours work, the gold makes the title really stand out without it clashing. Definitely more eye-catching.