• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Would Anyone Like a Hand?

Laurence

Inkling
Hi guys,

I'm a graphic designer by trade and think it'd be fun to do a bit of cover design. This'll be a first for me but I have a good knowledge of general design rules and am competent with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.

If any of you are planning on getting a budget cover done then feel free to give me a shout in this thread and I'll see if I can help you out for free.

Here are a few points, for those those who're interested:
  • Please don't make a request if you're in a rush to release your novel. I have a full time job and many many sexy dates. Hell, if I feel like you haven't got the resources I need to create a piece I'm happy with then I may stop the project altogether. Regardless, I would hate to be the reason you're held up on release.
  • Please send any resources such as images and fonts via. the likes of MediaFire, Dropbox or WeTransfer. Any images to be used on print work should be far far too large to embed on a post in any case.
  • If you have no resources but know, for example, that you'd like a Serif font and a thin, creepy dragon, then I'll happily search around, but if I don't see a large, clean image that's legal, I won't go ahead with the job.
  • Let me know all document specs before we begin (ideally you will have spoken to your printer by this point.)
  • You're welcome to request my Skype or email via. PM once we get going.

image.png