• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

All the Worlds

Been doing a lot of art and decided I wanted to show it over here. Particularly my final film project which I'm pretty happy how things have been turning out.

Here is some wip's of my final film for my animation program titled "all the gold".

tumblr_ndpwyujE6j1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndpuy9Jps61ri1sfdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndpuy9Jps61ri1sfdo2_1280.jpg

My Modern Fantasy detective noir story which is currently in the works. Here is the two main characters ,inspecting a body.

tumblr_nasgmldzBl1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n9fujw1jzA1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

This is Erin Quinn, she is a war veteran in the events of the story. She lost her brother in the great war and as respect for him, she decided to become a cop and help clean of the streets of Lae Lumas their home city.

tumblr_n9gn8oDEwz1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

Saif Azul is a Ravian. People of the wind which come from a distant land to the east. During the beginning of the the great war his Uncle brought Saif and his sister to the New world in hopes of escaping the fighting. They did. His uncle how ever was drunk, so Saif and his sister never felt safe in his home. He quickly found work in the police force which allowed him to keep his sister safe.

I really like the Nyla character. What program are you using for modeling?

Maya. It's pretty similar to 3ds max. I'm going to be using mudbox to add some textures to her skin and clothing when I finish the base model. I also have designs for a Priest and Warrior character if I decide to make a video game with her later. Like D&D in ancient egypt or something.

Jabrosky

Banned
Maya. It's pretty similar to 3ds max. I'm going to be using mudbox to add some textures to her skin and clothing when I finish the base model. I also have designs for a Priest and Warrior character if I decide to make a video game with her later. Like D&D in ancient egypt or something.
That would be totally awesome (I actually would like to do something similar myself someday). And hey, Maya is the program I have right now! I'm taking a whole class on it this fall semester.

Addison

Auror
I'm usually not taken by computer-drawings like the egyptian lady, but she is beautiful. I especially like the noir art. Very nice, y only criticism is that most noir art I see has more shadow play across the face, its like the shadows are part of the character. Like if a person at the corner lights a cigarette, the light will either reveal the entire face or only shine around the hand, only showing maybe a ring or the nose. But it's all terrific art. Great job both of you. :)

Happy Writing!-Or Drawing as the case may be. :p

Thanks Addison! The noire stuff was a new thing for me. So thoughts are always nice.

Nyla went through a lot of diffrent designs before I ended up with this. Mostly related to how much I'd need to rig/model. So I ended up going with something much more simple then these designs.

tumblr_nfgzwwgEl61ri1sfdo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nfgzwwgEl61ri1sfdo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nfgzwwgEl61ri1sfdo1_1280.jpg

Addison

Auror
I like it, especially the style of your cover. Looked like colored pencil or pastel. Great work. You sketches of Myla are awesome. Where did you learn to draw so amazingly well? I've never been jealous before, now I am.

7 years of arts school ( 4 from an arts high school and 3 for college) I don't really think my drawings are that special. but thank you ^^.

Here are some renders of my characters for my film.

tumblr_nhxmuqbEla1ri1sfdo1_1280.jpg

Ra and Nyla.

tumblr_nhrpfdGx5P1ri1sfdo1_1280.png

The light on this render looked so nice. that gold texture I worked so hard to get. I'm so proud of it.

Folderol

Scribe
Forgive my idiocy, but that's not a sculpture? It looks remarkably real. Seems to me you're doing very good work. I love the Nyla character, she has a lot of personality -- the short, choppy hairstyle is my favorite. What schools did you go to?

Ra- angered that a puny thief dare steal from his temple- possess the statue and battles it out with the thief. So yeah he moves and breaths. Thank you very much. I quite enjoy my work so far.

Stop motion totally counts! I went to Canterbury High school which is an arts school in ottawa (my home town.) Currently in my final year of the animation program at Algonquin college.

tumblr_npcl65u95u1ri1sfdo1_540.jpg

A doodle of dectective Quinn with her hair down.

tumblr_np6y56Ft3G1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_np76dchiuF1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

And some sci-fi characters for a roleplay I joined. Its been a while but I got a new set of water colors and am excited to pick it up again. Sad thing is I just moved so I don't have a scanner or anything so the pictures aren't too nice.

June Spearce- Navigator . She grew up on a Saturn Gas Mining Platform. She also has a pet raven named crow because she isn't that creative. Her first starship she stole.

beyond_the_unknown__june_spearce_by_dragonlegends-d9c3eos.jpg

Flock- Surgical Bot. Made on Mars this collection of Nanocubes is not water proof. Which proves to be rather useless for a surgical bot.

CPiYyYHWgAAgfYI.jpg

A sketch of the crew most of which have gone through some major design changes.

tumblr_numyl0mxHv1ri1sfdo1_540.jpg

Day 2 on my wip

tumblr_nz82rg8O0q1ri1sfdo1_540.jpg

I've been live streaming as I work on this. If anyone is interested in seeing me work on this. I could always put a link here for you guys to check it out.