• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Character/setting art

ascanius

Inkling
Here is a portrate I am working on for my MC

Ehileura_port_mthic.jpg

Base image was done in the GIMP then touch ups and additional work is being done in Krita (Great program by the way I suggest people look into it.)

Edit:Jpg conversion makes it kinda grainy.

ascanius

Inkling
Whoah, she looks really nice! I only wish I could see more of her body.

Thanks Jabrosky. Right now I only have the basic colors of her body blocked in so it's no where near the level of finish as her face wich i'm still working on.

LordFalco

Minstrel
I could be a dinosaur, but I still paint with acrylic by watercolor technique. It's much easier, in my view, than all the button pushing. Of course, loading it into a program like Paint lets you crop the desired part, along with making last-minute improvements. A work with this much detail would probably take me about four hours. By washing in successive tones, you make the picture successively more finished. Does anyone still do it by hand these days?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
you and me both... I use gouache for most of my work over the past few years, but digital work? people are awesome at it but I'm just old school. to paint a picture, I grab a brush, haha.

Jabrosky

Banned
I am in the middle. I draw and ink on paper, but then scan it in and do all the colors, highlighting, and shading in Photoshop CS6. Years ago I did use colored pencils and Copic markers, but nowadays I feel my digital coloring looks better.

Tom

Istar
All my art is with traditional media, but I wish I could go digital. I can't afford a drawing tablet and program right now. My old fallback is inks, colored pencils, and watercolor pencils, though I'm trying to do more with graphite and charcoal.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I stand in awe of the lot of you. I can't draw, paint, color, illustrate or sketch. It's a process even more mysterious than writing. You are all obviously witches.

Folderol

Scribe
I'm old school, too...oils, pencil, watercolor. It's easier for me than digital, and fun to do it with my hands. Nothing like laying down a beautiful line with one stroke - very similar to writing! I do wish I was better at fantasy art...does anyone know if there are any tutorials out there?