• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Guardians Knot / Greg Taylor Art

GregTaylor

Dreamer
Hey guys, thought I'd start sharing some of the pieces from my online graphic novel and general art here with you.

TheUndertree-GuardiansKnot.jpg

Goria-GuardiansKnot.jpg

TheHunted-GuardiansKnot.jpg

guardiansknot-nim-drakson-sketch.jpg

These are very beautiful and I love the look and feel. Matches perfectly with the story being conveyed. How did you do the textures?

GregTaylor

Dreamer
Thanks eri and Manalodia :). The textures are a combination of standard custom brush with photoshop, and also layering effects.

The only time I've used layering effects is with my map creation, though it was amazing to see unfold. Hopefully I'll get into it enough to start implementing other ways. I took a look at your graphic novel, really great site setup and story!

GregTaylor

Dreamer
Thanks :). Try setting your brush effect to one of the layering effects as well, it will act differently if it is used on a flat background compared to if you draw on an opaque layer. Best to make a top layer containing a flattened image of your work and play with that, can get some really great results.

Swordfry

Troubadour
This is really good. You should try getting in business with authors or publishers, some of these would make for great novel covers, especially the second one with the lightning.

GregTaylor

Dreamer
Thanks Swordfry, I do often paint covers for Books for writers. Guardians Knot has been an excuse to paint some pretty unique things so far.