• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Artist Appreciation

Tom

Istar
I didn't see a thread like this, so I decided to make one.

This is a thread where we can share the artists we've stumbled across, and generate promotion and general appreciation for great artwork.

To kick it off, I've selected len-yan, a Polish concept artist who's worked on Korean MMORPGs, and has an interest in astronomy. If you visit her gallery, you'll never be lacking for story inspiration. Her artwork is beautiful, haunting, and surreal.

(As a bonus, one of her works has a Pink Floyd-inspired title :D)

Last edited:

Spider

Sage
Good idea! I can't remember how I stumbled upon Laura Diehl, but her artwork is vibrant and creative (I think she specializes in children's fantasy art, but nevertheless I love some of her pieces). Jose Vega's artwork is also really good. Always great for story inspiration. I think I've seen him around the forums in the past.

Edit: also gonna throw Nihal out there :D

Too many talented people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Holy crap. Laura Diehl might be the wife of CES Executive Director Bill Diehl. Given that Pearson is one of her clients, that might be her. (I worked with Bill and he had mentioned his wife working with children's books.)

I'll add Raul Gonzalez III, who helped inspire me to be a better artist. He uses Bic pens to create his art, including museum exhibits and graphic novels. He says that he prefers art to be "accessible"—by which he means that people look at the art and feel like they, too, can create art. Let's just say that that mentality worked on me. I stopped looking at better artists thinking, "I'll never do that," and started focusing on what I can do, and I'm finally actually doing it.

Reactions: Tom