• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I, Frankenstein

So, I rented this movie tonight, expecting a really good fantasy movie with awesome action sequences. I only got the latter half.

I had seen trailers for the movie when it was coming out in theaters, and I thought to myself "That actually looks pretty decent." But then I sat down to watch it. It was pretty much like RIPD: good premise for a story, but really bad dialogue and acting. The only thing that kept me awake was the pretty intense action sequences, but even then just barely. Every other scene, I was checking Facebook or this site on my phone.

If you aren't familiar with the plot, it's basically this: what if Frankenstein's monster was alive 200 years after his creation, and he fought demons? Sounds pretty epic, right? WRONG!

The soundtrack was pretty good. It fit the fight scenes pretty well. But overall, I was pretty disappointed in this film. 4 out of 10 stars.

Guy

Inkling
Since it was brought to us by the same people who gave us Underworld, I didn't bother.

Guy

Inkling
I was deeply disappointed. On the plus side, it does feature Kate Beckinsale in skin tight leather.