• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

2015 movie releases to look forward too.

SeverinR

Vala
Jan:
Strange magic-Fantasy animation

Feb:
Seventh son-

Mar:
Cinderella
Paranormal activity 9(?) Seems to just be a repeat of previous shows, probably not seeing.
Insurgent(Divergent)

May
Mad MAx Fury road-(Mad max remake?)
Tomorrowland- deminsonal travel

June:
Jurrassic world

July
Poltergeist (remake)
Terminator; another one? Will watch for trailer.
Pan: the making of Peter Pan.
Point break; Remake, can it be better then the first? Did it need to be remade?

Aug
Goosebumps; Sounds interesting, all the monsters of Goosebumps series are accidenly released.
The man from Uncle-remake

Oct:
The last witch hunter; Vin Diesel-
Scouts versus zombies; high school students must use scout teachings to battle zombies.

Nov:
Mockingjay pt 2
Peanuts- yes Charlie Brown and friends.
Friday 13th-more?

Dec:
Star wars-the force awakens
revenant

Seems to be more potential this coming year then we had last year. Still alot of remakes or unending sequels.

As of now, Insurgent is probably the first movie I am truly looking forward too.

Upcoming Movies 2015 Here is the link, you can get information on the movies here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
IMHO Zombies are done... ever since I saw there was a film Zombeaver....:rolleyes:
The teaser for Terminator:Genysis [or whatever it's called] looked cool.

Tom

Istar
Avengers: Age of Ultron is my big one. When the teaser trailer was leaked I was in the local library, and I bet everyone wondered why I was pumping my fists, grinning stupidly, and trying my best to express my excitement quietly.

I'm also looking forward to Mockingjay 2, though I haven't even seen Mockingjay 1 yet. Planning on going to see it this weekend if I can.

Last edited:

Incanus

Auror
Jan 2015: Zero Theorem DVD/Blu-ray

I know, it's a 2013 movie--it drives me crazy that some Terry Gilliam movies are given such a low priority.

I could stream it now, but I don't want to watch this for the first time on a dinky computer screen when I have a nice big TV with a couch in front of it.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Trailer looks so good....
I only found out it was Age of Ultron later but I heard [though did not see] them making a bit of in a woods I go walking by. It was very percussive [sort of like very distorted Rock Drum crashes] and once someone shouted "Pyro", which at the time did not seem that unusual... So look out for fir trees... or does that count as a spoiler?:p

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Big Game - I heard about this a couple of years ago [just after I saw Rare Exports] and just hoped it would get made... now it looks like I might get to see it...

SeverinR

Vala
Cinderella: if you hear Rains of Castemere, the guests better run.
Richard Madden plays Prince Charming aka Robb Stark-Red Wedding

Surad

Minstrel
Star Wars is the big movie I'm planning on seeing. It's interesting that they chose to release it in December instead of May, as was the tradition with the last 6 movies (I refuse to call the Clone Wars one a 'sequel').

Jabrosky

Banned
Jurassic World for me. I am disappointed that the raptors won't be feathered for greater accuracy, but otherwise it still looks cool.

SeverinR

Vala
Star Wars is the big movie I'm planning on seeing. It's interesting that they chose to release it in December instead of May, as was the tradition with the last 6 movies (I refuse to call the Clone Wars one a 'sequel').

It seems to be a new tradition to release high quality fantasy-sci-fi films in Nov and Dec. Hunger games, Divergent series, Hobit series and now Star wars.

SeverinR

Vala
Saw Cinderella on Sat, was really good.
They showed previews of Pan, looks pretty good too.

Of Course, Game of thrones season opener Sunday!

Last edited:

Ophiucha

Auror
As I'm a Shelley fan, I'm sort of interested in Victor Frankenstein coming out this August. James McAvoy as Dr. Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe as Igor. Plus a couple of the actors from BBC's Sherlock.fr

MineOwnKing

Maester
I think Jurassic movies were made partially as a test of animation. I think they are great for little kids but annoying to me as an adult. I wish they would just go away.

There are many younger people that do not know about Mad Max. I loved the movies when they came out but I was very young. Sounds like some of the older crowd in Hollywood power are reminiscent of their youth. Stop trying to rehash the 80's!

Here is a news flash for people that were not alive during the 80's, the 80's sucked!

Skinny jeans sucked, high hair sucked, the music sucked, I hated it. Go away 80's, go away!

There is a plethora of Fantasy to pick from and with the right minds and money pooled together something great is still possible.

There is a phenomena present in Hollywood that I have termed 'Gasbag Movies.' The big hitters of the 70's and 80's just refuse to retire and I think it is embarrassing to watch them on film.

If Al Pacino makes one more movie holding a gun while master minding what the younger generation is too inept to figure out I'm gonna scream. He can't even hold his pants up anymore. How is he suppose to chase a bad guy with his pants hanging down?

Am I really suppose to be thrilled by octogenarians with machine guns?

Have some self respect and either make a remake of Cocoon or retire permanently in Florida where you belong.

Oh yeah, and stay the hell out of politics too.

SeverinR

Vala
The movie list is a remake of the past.
IMHO to many remakes.

Have the guts to strike out in new directions.

I will limitedly agree with MineOwnKing, The 80's has past, move on. Personally I loved the 80's.

I think movie production is pretty much trying to steal each others thunder with similar ideas.
Hunger Games-Divergent and many others. If one studio comes out with something another will come out around the same time with something similar.

I think Mad Max will be a remake like Star wars, with the tech and budget to do it the way the original would have if they could have. This is the only way to do a remake. Not just a new set of stars rehashing the same old movie.