• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Guys guys guys. Star wars

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Just watched it a few moments ago. Looking good. Particularly enjoyed the last couple of seconds.

Ophiucha

Auror
I'm not even a Star Wars fan, and these trailers have me excited.

I heard that the chrome Stormtrooper (at 1:20) is played by Gwendoline Christie (Brienne in Game of Thrones). She's such a great actress, so I'm excited to see her in what looks to be a villainous role. :)

I cried when I saw this trailer. I just finished a watch through of the original six movies, and I am super excited for this new trilogy. Curse this 8 month waiting period!

I just had a text conversation debating about why Vader's helmet could have been in the trailer. I may have been called Comic Book guy but it was worth the victory. The hollow, hollow victory.

Reaver

Staff
Blah blah blah. The trailer for The Phantom Menace looked great and we all know how that turned out. The popular argument for fans of the prequels is:"But those movies were made for kids and a younger generation."

Midichlorians? Cartoon rabbit-things that smack of Amos and Andy? Politics? Murdering children?
Yeah, sure... it's for kids all right.

Those 'films' were nothing less than a huge "F**K YOU! I DO WHAT I WANT," from Lucas to the world as a whole.

Wouldn't be surprised if the writers and J.J. bring all that schlock back.

We'll see when we see. I'm not hopeful at all.

Last edited:
The way I see it they have a chance not being stuck as the prequels were with way too much to cover and too many loose ends - not to mention Lucas trying to do everything.

Let's hope they have (1) a better screenplay and (2) better casting. JJ Abrams is a decent director, better than Lucas I think, so there's hope there. I'm holding out hope for the new movie, though I commiserate with Reaver - episodes 1-3 were dreadful films, with the exception of Darth Maul's acrobatics.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
When I saw Harrison Ford in the trailer, that gave me (a new, new) hope.

Until his plane crash, I didn't realize Ford was a skilled pilot in real life. And yes, I'm serious about calling him skilled. My uncle was in the air force, flew large passenger planes for at least two decades, then flew private jets until retirement. He always used to say that "any landing you can walk away from is a good one." Of the actor's crash, he said Ford did well. He was able to get the plane to an open field, keeping innocents safe and increasing his own odds of survival.

I feel like this is going to be a handing of the torch type of film and the big three will become less and less important as this trilogy goes on.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Speaking of IMDb, does anyone besides me find it poetically just that in order to see George Lucas' name, you need to click "one more credit?"

Screen_Shot_2015-04-18_at_10_53_14_AM.png