• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Favorite Movie Quotes

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Not fantasy... But it is Casablanca.
I'm feeling kind of reflective and sappy [apparently].

I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made to many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far! No further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!
-Captain Jean-Luc Picard Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
"Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Lebowski, he called himself 'The Dude'. Now, 'Dude' - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the 'City Of Angels.' I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough."
~The Stranger

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
"I had to come all the way from the highway and byways of Tallahassee, Florida to MotorCity, Detroit to find my true love. If you gave me a million years to ponder, I would never have guessed that true romance and Detroit would ever go together. And til this day, the events that followed all still seems like a distant dream. But the dream was real and was to change our lives forever. I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too." That's the way romance is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too." - Alabama, True Romance

Incanus

Auror
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Newman, what are you doing?

Newman: I'm thinking.

Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Well, think me up a cup of coffee and a chocolate doughnut with some of those little sprinkles on top, while you're thinking.

~The Fugitive

Saigonnus

Auror
"I'm not the rope-toting Charlie Bronson wannabe getting us f@&king lost..."

Boondock Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick

Auror
From Life is Beautiful, possibly the best movie I've ever seen. In case you haven't seen it, it takes place in Italy during WWII and this quote is from a scene where a little Jewish boy and his dad (the main characters) see a sign hanging on a shop door that confuses the little boy:

Giosué (Young Son): "No Jews or Dogs Allowed." Why do all the shops say, "No Jews Allowed"?

Guido (Father): Oh, that. "Not Allowed" signs are the latest trend! The other day, I was in a shop with my friend the kangaroo, but their sign said, "No Kangaroos Allowed," and I said to my friend, "Well, what can I do? They don't allow kangaroos."

Giosué: Why doesn't our shop have a "Not Allowed" sign?

Guido: Well, tomorrow, we'll put one up. We won't let in anything we don't like. What don't you like?

Giosué: Spiders.

Guido: Good. I don't like Visigoths. Tomorrow, we'll get a sign: "No Spiders or Visigoths Allowed."

Last edited:

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
"What we have here is failure to communicate."
- Cool Hand Luke

There are so many brilliant lines, I may have to keep doing this for a while.

Saigonnus

Auror
“Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger."
― William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Addison

Auror
{From the LotR series, all Gimli}
Fellowship of the Ring:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"
"Not the beard!"

Two Towers:
"Talking trees? What do trees have to talk about, hmm...except the consistency of squirrel droppings?"
"Bring your pretty face to my axe!"
"This new Gandalf is more Grumpy than the old one."
{Can't see over wall} "What's going on out there?"
"I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!"

Return of the King:
(To Legolas before Gondor battle) "There's plenty for the both of us. Let the best dwarf win."
"That still only counts as one!"
"Great chance of death. Small chance of success...what are we waiting for?"