• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Star Wars Trailer

Watched the trailer as it aired, and then watched it a few more times.

I got so excited, I went to Barnes and Noble today and picked up the Star Wars tabletop RPG. I'm going to write a campaign that will lead into Episode VII. It's gonna be fun!

Incanus

Auror
I'm hopeful, but a little wary. This is the guy that botched Star Trek pretty bad. Maybe this will be better though.

MineOwnKing

Maester
I've made peace with the possibility that this movie may not live up to some of the unrealistic expectations locked deep in my psyche.

At my age it is more fun to be able to share something with my 8 year old son that is also linked to a joyful experience from my own childhood. Star Wars debuted when I was 5.

His building interest in the movie, is in finding out what the spaceships are going to look like.

Just from watching this trailer it is quite evident that the original cast members have become so iconic over the decades that now their images take away from the onscreen energy and momentum of the newer and younger cast.

The dialogue of the overall cast will fill in the blank to whether or not the newer cast members can add positive weight to the scenes.

Hopefully the dialogue is better than in the first three. I love the movies but in all honesty it contains some of the worst dialogue I have ever heard on screen.

I'm crossing my fingers.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
No trailer will ever match the one for Indiana Jones, at least not for me. I was in a theater to watch some other movie. This was after Empire Strikes Back. Maybe 1981 or so. And on the screen came Indy and all the rest. I really did do a man-squeal.

The hype leading up to The Fellowship of the Ring comes a close second, but that was expected. The Indiana Jones one came out of the blue (pre-Internet, you see). A great moment.

MineOwnKing

Maester
No trailer will ever match the one for Indiana Jones, at least not for me. I was in a theater to watch some other movie. This was after Empire Strikes Back. Maybe 1981 or so. And on the screen came Indy and all the rest. I really did do a man-squeal.

The hype leading up to The Fellowship of the Ring comes a close second, but that was expected. The Indiana Jones one came out of the blue (pre-Internet, you see). A great moment.

I remember clearly when Indiana Jones came out.

I wanted to see some terrible movie about Godzilla vs. King Kong but it was sold out so we had to go to Indiana Jones instead.

I have never seen anything like it since, not only were the seats sold out for Indiana Jones but the theater had decided to sell extra tickets and let people stand back to back in the aisles!!!

Before VCR's, we had to wait in lines that reached around an entire block to get into movies such as E.T., Tron, etc...

Standing out in the winter wind for an hour to see a Spielberg movie made it really seem like an event.

It's so easy to be entertained nowadays, nothing seems special anymore.

SeverinR

Vala
I am seeing a lot of excitement about this movie, much like the original 3.
I hope it will be as good as people expect.
Probably won't see it until others say it is.