• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Games!

ok so some new games I am actually excited about are: the upcoming Zelda game, the upcoming Dragon age inquisition, the upcoming assassin's creed game, and there is the upcoming halo 5!!!
what are you guys' opinions and other thoughts? I personally thing that the Zelda game looks kind of disappointing... but i'll play it anyway. the dragonage game looks exciting and the assassin's creed game of course looks amazing. Halo 5 is my most anticipated game because I love halo and the graphics look amazing the story looks cool and of course I want to know what happens to cortana! I heard...!!!!SPOILERS!!!! duh... that she got turned into a human.

Gryphos

Auror
Personally I can't wait for Bloodborne. I absolutely loved both Dark Souls games and am already in love with the urban gothic aesthetic they seem to have going for Bloodborne.

With regards to Nintendo stuff I'm not really interested. To me, as a studio they just seem to be too reliant on old franchises and the nostalgia that comes with them. They need to actually put some effort into creating a new IP.

Honestly I'm not very interested in Nintendo anymore either. they keep going downhill and getting more and more disappointing. I'm more interested in the xbox 360 games and xbox 1 although I'm not going to get one until later this year if at all because of the time it takes to update systems and fix glitches and various things. Also I am very interested in pc games because they are fun and in some cases better than xbox. There are also games that are not available for xbox that are for pc. anyway, I haven't played Dark Souls ,however, my friend has and I am working on getting both Dark Souls games. Anything else you are looking forward to?

As a gamer I'm generally about two years or so behind the latest games, normally enjoying them when everyone else has moved on to the sequel (I finished Assassin's Creed 3 just last month). Does this make me some kind of reverse-hipster? I'm looking forward to the long-developed Beyond Good and Evil 2, loved the first game, it really inspired me. Also the next Fallout game, I think because Skyrim was good, Fallout 4 probably will be great as well.

lol I liked assassin's creed 3 but only because it had easier controls and it was in colonial America. The game itself was frustrating for me and a bit confusing. I have to say that ac2 has to be my favorite because 1: it's set in the beautiful 1500's Italy, 2: ezio is really cool and I loved his backstory, and 3: It was a lot less confusing than ac3. I haven't played fallout or evil but I have heard things about evil and I have seen parts of a play-through on youtube. People tell me that fallout if really good and I want to play it eventually. its probably like a game that I would play at a friend's house and get addicted to or something like that. :) Tell me Aiden, what is fallout like? Is it really sad or happy or is it frustrating or what? I have heard that in Fallout 3, you have to search for your father in the post nuclear apocalyptic wasteland or something. This sounds interesting but I want to know like exactly how and what happens. (not the whole plot but like the basic major points)

lol I liked assassin's creed 3 but only because it had easier controls and it was in colonial America. The game itself was frustrating for me and a bit confusing. I have to say that ac2 has to be my favorite because 1: it's set in the beautiful 1500's Italy, 2: ezio is really cool and I loved his backstory, and 3: It was a lot less confusing than ac3. I haven't played fallout or evil but I have heard things about evil and I have seen parts of a play-through on youtube. People tell me that fallout if really good and I want to play it eventually. its probably like a game that I would play at a friend's house and get addicted to or something like that. :) Tell me Aiden, what is fallout like? Is it really sad or happy or is it frustrating or what? I have heard that in Fallout 3, you have to search for your father in the post nuclear apocalyptic wasteland or something. This sounds interesting but I want to know like exactly how and what happens. (not the whole plot but like the basic major points)

In terms of gameplay Fallout is almost identical to the Elder Scrolls. As for the mood it is post apocalyptic as the world basically self-destructed and most of the population died, so there's that kind of sad backstory. However it is also hilarious. The idea society is scraping by in this wasteland of a world is an excuse for all kinds of craziness, so there a lot of weird things going on. Personally I love it, its one of my favourite series because its so immersive.

Ophiucha

Auror
I am way too excited for the new Zelda game, the new design for Link has my heart aflutter. From Nintendo, I'm also interested in the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and the new Super Smash games. I used to play Brawl competitively, so that series is special for me.

Aside from Nintendo, I'm interested in in Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Alien: Isolation, Fantasy Life, Bravely Second, and Shadow of Mordor. I'm not too interested in the new Assassin's Creed games; I want them to get out of this era of history, three games was more than enough for the 1740-1840 timeline. But Rogue is interesting, at least, since it has a Templar protagonist.

I'm not too interested in the new Assassin's Creed games; I want them to get out of this era of history, three games was more than enough for the 1740-1840 timeline. But Rogue is interesting, at least, since it has a Templar protagonist.

yea I hate how they have 1, 2, 3, 4 and then the others that aren't numbered. all I want are the numbers but in order to get the whole story you have to play brother hood and revelations. and also, Rogue doesn't have a Templar protagonist. he's an assassin that hunts other assassins but he's not a Templar. at least not until later. apparently he gets turned into a Templar? which is interesting but I don't really want to play as a Templar unless he turns good again. I hated the Templars. but I have no doubt there will be some sort of twist towards the end that makes him like realize his errors or something and start killing Templars.

Warrioress

Scribe
I'm very behind in the gaming world..only now playing Skyrim for the first time..btw i thinks its awesome. Now I'm not sure if TR qualifies as fantasy but i am very excited about the next TR game!

We thought you were a myth.

Well, you were myth-taken

-Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Mythopoet

Auror
I'm an MMO player (my husband and I play together, for us that's the point) and I'm really excited about the launch of ArcheAge later this month. There's a final open beta from the 4th to the 8th and the game officially launches on the 16th. I played a bit during the last closed beta and it seems like an interesting fantasy world with Elves and Cat people.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'm an MMO player (my husband and I play together, for us that's the point) and I'm really excited about the launch of ArcheAge later this month. There's a final open beta from the 4th to the 8th and the game officially launches on the 16th. I played a bit during the last closed beta and it seems like an interesting fantasy world with Elves and Cat people.

How grindy is it? When I hear Korean MMO I always wonder about that.

Mythopoet

Auror
How grindy is it? When I hear Korean MMO I always wonder about that.

I don't know yet. I didn't get very far during the last beta weekend. I understand it's very oriented toward crafting/trading/pvp. My husband is totally excited about the crafting and trading. That's his favorite thing.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I don't know yet. I didn't get very far during the last beta weekend. I understand it's very oriented toward crafting/trading/pvp. My husband is totally excited about the crafting and trading. That's his favorite thing.

That does sound like fun. I've looked at it a few times but have been indecisive so far. It will have a sub fee, right? I'm playing ESO and don't want to sub two games, but if it is good I'd be willing to put ESO on hold.

Mythopoet

Auror
No, it's free to play. You have to be a "patron" to use certain features, but I understand that you can earn patron status through in game means or you can sub.

Ok SO I finally played Dark Souls. It's hard. I haven't beaten it I only got it about a month or two ago and I haven't played it much due to my purchase of Dragon age: Inquisition as well as Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Unity as well as Rogue. I have also purchased some games that are just for fun (like for the humor in the games because almost all games are played for fun) such as Lego: The Hobbit and Lego: Lord of the Rings. All are fun so far however, I have beaten none and I am super busy with social stuff and my education (we have a super long essay due, I just turned in my rough draft and expecting a final draft due soon.) So anything else you guys are excited for? Oh I also got Forza Horizon 2. It is BEAUTIFUL