• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hearthstone

Fyle

Inkling
Hearthstone is a free-to-play online card game like Magic: the Gathering.

It is the only game I play. It sucks up way totally much time.

Its made by Blizzard, the makers of WoW and Diablo.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I play it enough to earn the card backs for each season (reach rank 20) and have made it for all but the first one. I've bought a few card packs to get me started, but from what I hear you should be able to get by without it - just a bit slower.

For a casual f2p game it's good fun.

Gryphos

Auror
I started playing it a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. It's deceptively simple-looking at first, but then you start playing and you realise how much depth and strategy is actually involved.

Fyle

Inkling
Anyone who plays this, feel free to add me:

StCecil#1659

Steerpike, if you liked any card game in the past, you will most likely enjoy this. It has the markings of the big bad Blizzard as far as rewards and the need to grind, but gamewise, its great regardless of whether you like Blizzard or not.

I play it enough to earn the card backs for each season (reach rank 20) and have made it for all but the first one. I've bought a few card packs to get me started, but from what I hear you should be able to get by without it - just a bit slower.

For a casual f2p game it's good fun.

Ya, basically this is accurate. If you are free to play, you will just lose more. You can always pull that lucky pack or two and be on your way to haivng a decent deck though.

I opened Ragnoros, Ysera, and VanCleef in free packs, so it is possible to get great stuff without breaking the bank. The only money I spent was on Naxxramas.

Also, Goblins Vs Gnomes!

Fyle

Inkling
Sure. I have grinded for a hell of a long time, but, most of my legendaries have come from free packs.

GVG looks decent. Gonna mix it all up. There will finally be enough cards so the same 4-5 decks dont go around.

Gonna be good!

Fyle

Inkling
Now on Android devices in Australia and Canada. Soon, THE WORLD!
(also on ipads for a while now)

But, be warned. Needs a the right screen size!

It is now worldwide, but they hace a way to go before it will run smooth on all andriods...

Good start tho!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just resurrecting this thread to give a shout out for this week's Tavern Brawl: Pick two cards and then those two cards become your entire deck.

If you've ever played the game, you'll definitely ought to give this a try. :)

Just resurrecting this thread to give a shout out for this week's Tavern Brawl: Pick two cards and then those two cards become your entire deck.

If you've ever played the game, you'll definitely ought to give this a try. :)

I play the game almost every day. I loved this week's Tavern Brawl.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Currently playing a mage with Unstable Portal and Animated armor. It wins maybe 40% of the time so it's not very efficient, but it's very satisfying when it does work.

I played through it as a mage using Arcane Missiles and Mana Wyrm, and it worked very well.

But in one match I played against a mage who had what might be a nearly 100% win deck: Fireball + Ice Block. Basically, after a certain number of turns, he became invulnerable EVERY turn and just killed me with the fireballs although I had a whole board of Mana Wyrms with very high attack.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Aye, I went up against that once. Very clever. There's a lot of fun stuff to tinker around with.

Gryphos

Auror
I swear, if I face another mechwarper-metaltooth leaper deck I'm going to flip. That deck is literally an OTK.

I've had some decent success with Tunnel trogg and Dust devil. Between the wind fury on the dust devils and the overload buffs on the trigs, you can do some serious burst damage.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I played through it as a mage using Arcane Missiles and Mana Wyrm, and it worked very well.

But in one match I played against a mage who had what might be a nearly 100% win deck: Fireball + Ice Block. Basically, after a certain number of turns, he became invulnerable EVERY turn and just killed me with the fireballs although I had a whole board of Mana Wyrms with very high attack.

So, I crushed that fireball deck with Mana Wyrm and Arcane Intellect. They run out of Ice Blocks. And I thought I had the best mage deck until I saw Ice Block and Molten Giant. Dropping five or six giants on one turn is a killer. But I'd hate to see a mirror match of that. Fireblast self. Fireblast self. Fireblast self for like twenty turns . . .

Those mechwarper decks are broken, though. They're just too quick. And it's caught on - they're everywhere now. Next time they should try standard cards only.