• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Destiny - Playing the Space and Fantasy Adventure

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone.

After dedicating loads of my gameplay time to Alice and Assassin's Creed, I have decided to change my gaming atmosphere a little and began to play the famous online game Destiny.

I was already very curious to play it, because I am attracted to the Space Adventure atmosphere combined with Magic, but now I have discovered that I really enjoy the game and I'll probably love it when my character reaches a higher level of development and better abilities.

So please tell me, are there other Destiny players around here?

My character is a Warlock, level 4. I have just passed the Restoration mission, and now I have to complete some other tasks in Russia before I can venture to the Moon.

[video=youtube_share;eB2_LWn_8mY]http://youtu.be/eB2_LWn_8mY[/video]

I have some questions:

1- How do we become Friends in Destiny?
2- I have not figured out how to write and send messages, how do you do that?
3- How do we coordinate to play a mission together?

Please share your experiences with the Game =)

I have some questions:

1- How do we become Friends in Destiny?
2- I have not figured out how to write and send messages, how do you do that?
3- How do we coordinate to play a mission together?

Please share your experiences with the Game =)

Hey Sheila sorry this has taken a while. I haven't played Destiny in a while but used to have a great time playing it with my son. He knew more about online playing and answered your questions as follows:

You make a friend by going close to a character say in the Tower and then you can press the left or right thumbstick (for PS3 its L3 or R3) and it brings up a selection of options for interaction, which includes sending them a message, inviting them to your fire team (which then goes on missions) and also for sending a friend request on the PS network so they become more permanent friends (though you can de-friend them if needed later).

Have you got your Sparrow yet? It helps with getting around :)

Mindfire

Istar
I play Destiny! I play on PS4 though. What do you play on? I haven't been on it in a while because Dragon Age stole my attention and I didn't have friends to play with.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello BronzeOracle and Mindfire.

I am sorry for having taken so long to reply, I was very distracted by my other thread here in the Games Forum and totally forgot about this one... Thanks for the game tips, Bronze! I'll definitely try to do that the next time I am in the Tower, and I'll buy a Keyboard in order to type the messages faster.

It's great that you have a PS4 Mindfire, I play Destiny on PS3.

Is the game really that much different, depending on which console you use to play it? I have abandoned Destiny for some time because of my obsession with Assassin's Creed, but I'll be playing it again these days. What type of character do you have, and what level?

My little Warlock is level 7 at the moment, she has a Sparrow and I have already reached the Moon but now I am stuck: I have found the lost Guardian, and then this big door opens (Temple of something?) and loads of monsters come like a swarm, and even though I can take out many of them, they kill me no matter what.

I guess that I'll just need to do Bounties and keep killing monsters at Russia so my Warlock can level up...

Mindfire

Istar
I don't think there's really that much difference between consoles. Obviously the Xbox One and PS4 will have better graphics, and there might be differences in the controls because the PS4 has that touchpad on the controller. But aside from that it's the same game. I played a demo on my Xbox 360 before I got into the PS4 version and it was exactly the same but with a graphics downgrade.

I guess that I'll just need to do Bounties and keep killing monsters at Russia so my Warlock can level up...

The missions do get ridiculously hard after a while and the best way to deal with them is to get a fireteam together - that way you have 2 friends working with you to bring down the baddies. Its such a popular game that there are bound to be players around your level who you can team up with. :)

Zadocfish

Troubadour
Just bought the game, got to lvl 20, then returned it in 5 days. The combat is amazing! But, the problem is the new DLC and the playerbase's advancement. Everyone is lvl 35 +, so finding people to play Strikes and form Fireteams is virtually impossible early-game. Worse still, they made multiplayer modes more focused on DLC players, simplifying and degrading a bit of the Base players' experience. Finally, the new level cap is higher for DLC players than base players, so base players will find themselves unable to find many people willing to play with them in PvE...