• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Best Fantasy Game or Film Soundtracks?

Mark Stanley

Acolyte
I bought Skyrim about two months ago and still can't get it's main theme out of my head. The entire score is absolutely beautiful, moving and just so kickass with it's choral chants. It really catches your imagination and lets you just lose yourself in the world of Tamriel. This has to be my favourite game soundtrack that I have heard. What's yours? For film, I have to say The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is my favourite without a doubt.

I'm a big fan of the World of Warcraft soundtracks, especially for Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm.

I listen to the Lord of the Rings, Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Tron: Legacy soundtracks a lot. Oh, and Star Wars of course. :)

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Age of Conan had a great soundtrack. You can buy them off of Amazon MP3. You also can see the high reviews they receive.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I agree, Lord of the Rings has an amazing soundtrack. Also Pirates of the Caribbean, Tuck Everlasting, Braveheart, and the Harry Potter movies, especially the later ones.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Our copy of Skyward Sword came with a great soundtrack that my wife likes to play for "Epic Music Pancake Sundays"

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I was going to say Age of Conan as well. And I remember liking the music in Vanguard at the time, though I can't remember how it went now.

Mark Stanley

Acolyte
Yes I had heard Skyward Sword's soundtrack was supposed to be amazing! And of course who could forget Star Wars or Pirates of the Carribean! Haha :) I'm interested to check a lot of these out!

The Chrono Cross OST is amazingggg. I also approve of Skyward Sword and Warcraft soundtracks (of which I have like five).

Skyrim and Oblivion both have amazing soundtracks. I own all 4 Final Fantasy X soundtrack discs as well. Nobu Uematsu is amazing! All the LOTR games have great music and while it isn't strictly fantasy but more RPG, I think that the Pokemon games have the best music. I don't care what anyone says, I still love things from my childhood. I loved Pokemon when I was a kid and I will love until I am 90 years old.

coffeecream

Acolyte
Take a listen at Dragon Age I ST. The whole soundtrack was beautiful, but the one that really got me was the night camp theme.

soulless

Troubadour
I quite enjoy the x files volume 1, 4 cd soundtrack set, can be rather relaxing and good for stirring the imagination into weird places.

mphintz2

The main theme to EverQuest still stirs up childhood memories every time I hear it, but the Baldur's Gate main theme takes the medal for favorite. And as I recall, both of those soundtracks were pretty good too.

Princess Mononoke... I love the 'Battle Drums' song when Mononoke attacks the town.
I loved that one too! My favorite game soundtrack would have to be the Witcher. The song "the Witcher Theme" is my favorite. I never would have thought pairing a violin with an electric guitar would result in something like that. I played violin for twelve years so I tend to lean towards music with that instrument. My favorite movie soundtrack is the Gladiator. I still play that one on repeat when I'm writing.