• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi Mythic Scribes...long time lurker, first time poster

Captain Loye

Dreamer
Hi everybody

I've been lurking on this website for probably two years or so, silently sipping from your fountain of knowledge. I don't know why I never registered and joined in, but I've decided that I should probably at least sign up to say a big thank you to the community. Hopefully now that I've reared my head I'll start contributing to your lovely community and stop being a parasitic leech!

I've been writing on and off for years, but I've sat down in the last two to write something substantial. I've been finishing off a science degree, which has been quite cathartic writing sharp, brief science prose in the morning and something completely different in the evening.

My current project, currently creatively titled "writing practice 3", is mind wondering what would happen in a fantasy world if a few things were different - namely, if horses were never bred large enough to be ridden, metal deposits were far rarer than Earth, and if the 'bronze age' wasn't so quickly replaced after classical Greece and Rome.

I'm sure you'll see me around the site, I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully learn a bit more about the art and craft of writing!

Also...arrgghh matey or something piratey like that *cough* *cough*.

Captain Loye

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome Captain Loye! Now that you've come out of lurking you must post as much as possible to make up for it. :)

We're glad to have you here in the community.

Argh!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Ahoy Captain Loye
Welcome [officially] to Mythic Scribes.
This is a great place to share and learn [but you know that already...]
I read only recently that [pound for pound or kilo for kilo] the tiny Shetland pony was the strongest horse of all.
Don't step on the cats and everything should be fine.

Captain Loye

Dreamer
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll be sure to do my best to make up for lost time on the forum!

Ps, Shetland ponies rock. They're definitely in my top five horse-like species.

GeekDavid

Auror
Keep an eye out for invitations to chat, Cap'n. A bunch of us like to shoot the breeze in the evenings (well, evenings American time). If there's no mods online it'll look like an invite to a private chat but there's usually several of us in it. :)

SeverinR

Vala
One of the lurkers comes in from the dark,
don't anyone devour him right away, the others might venture in too.

Welcome. we don't bite...often. Well less often then a mini horse. I hear they have large attitudes.
The bigger the horse the smaller the attitude, the smaller the horse, the bigger the attitude.

SeverinR

Vala
Both.
Commonly the draft horse is laid back and the smaller ponies are very aggressive, much like small dogs.

Think about it, a shetland pony steps on a drafts hoof, who cares? If a draft steps on a shetland ponies, its going to hurt.
Attitude is protection(to a degree)