• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introducing me

The Maven

Scribe
Greetings my fellow fantasy lovers and writers alike

I came across this site while looking for advice on fantasy writing recently and found the site full of many surprises. The articles were insightful and often humorous, a trait I found permeates through the site's forums on the backing of very friendly members. In a strange moment of serendipity that corner of my right brain where my wordsmith dwells by his forge sparked alive feeling it had found a place akin to a home for nurturing its creative desire.

So a little about myself. My name is Dhesan Neil Pillay, an aspiring fantasy writer from Durban, South Africa. I am also a junior doctor doing my internship. I began writing my fantasy novel from grade ten. Initially it started as sketches of creatures and planets but that soon escalated to formed characters entering my brain and refusing to be evicted. Thus the characters colluded and a story was soon born from their interactions. Over the next few years I performed a balancing act of slotting my writing between my studying. The story soon began encroaching upon my dreams and I would find myself awaking from vivid dreams of how chapters and story arcs would unfurl. These random scenarios would be jotted down in my journal over breakfast (in perfectly legible handwriting... to me anyway) and through the course of the day these seeds would thrive to further ideas.

Eventually my work was completed and whisked off to the service of a private editor where it currently resides.

I'm looking to accumulate my five posts and share my writing with other members.

While this has been quite lengthy (recollections of V for Vendetta here), let me just add that it is my good pleasure to be here and I look forward to interacting with many interesting folk.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes The Maven (or Dhesan, if I may call you that). I also started out drawing pictures when I was a child, but now I'm a writer through and through. I'm sure you have much to offer this site, I came for answers and stayed for the ambience, so do settle in.

The Maven

Scribe
Thank you for the kind welcome Aidan. I like the quote by Bilbo that you chose, probably the most witty (and most confusing to catch at first) quote from the Fellowship.

I look forward to sharing where I can with the community :)