• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi Everybody, My Name is George and, Like Most of You, I write Stuff...

...and hopefully will be able to publish some of it someday! I guess, with today's self-publishing opportunities, that is setting the proverbial bar fairly low. It is, unless you have only ever written the literary equivalent of cocktail napkin doodles: Pages and pages of disjointed thoughts, partial stories, characterless dialogue, and other nonsense for no other reason than to have written it.

My muse/best friend/wife and I live in Northern Italy by way of Northern Idaho and a few other scattered places. Apparently I have a thing for living in boot shaped geographical areas. I have a lot of hobbies and a handful of passions, most of which don't matter here. One of them that does is reading and writing Fantasy. My wife is from Italy and I am 'Murican.

I read voraciously and have since I was a very young kid. There is not much I won’t read and don’t much care if it is considered “well-written” by whoever decides those things. I do care if it sucks me in, so to speak, and engages me. A book that people enjoy to reading. I want to write books like that.

Last, Fantasy is my preferred genre, and has been since I began reading. I confess that I also enjoy the genres of Science Fiction, Dystopian/Apocalyptic, and Spy/Conspiracy Thrillers; including all four genres in the YA category.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met George Lightgood
You will never know when your passion or hobby will become important to someone around here...
Learn what you need and share what you know...
As they say... Write the books you want to read.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, George. I live in southern Idaho (Boise) and would gladly saw off my right leg to live in northern Italy. Whereabouts are you?

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome,
When you live in different areas of the world, you can see and know how people feel being in the new setting.
Use every experience you have to spice up your writing.
Best way to research something is to do it or live it.

Welcome.

Trick

Auror
Welcome,

I live in Post Falls Idaho and my wife would be jealous to hear your story! Living in Italy would be an amazing experience.

I look forward to talking writing with you!