• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

[insert overly enthusiastic greeting here]

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
Hi.
My name is Jake, or you can just call me CorvusCorax. Either works.

I've been working on a fantasy story and the universe it's set in for a few years now. Well technically around a decade, but it started to take on its current form a few years back.
I've come across a lot of writing-related forums and other sites, but this is the first that was immediately interesting and useful to me. So I decided to stick around.

I'm a strange, often confusing, mess of a person. Really, just a big twisted ball of goth, fantasy, sci fi, perfectionism, and various mental conditions. And all of that makes its way into my writing.

I'm not the best at communication and have no idea what else to say or how to end this, so I'll just.. stop.

:bat:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met CorvusCorax
[I'm guessing the Band; or may be the Bird?]
You sound like you'll fit right in :)
Learn what you need and share what you know.

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
I do know of the band, but in this case it's actually the bird. Ravens are my favourite animal.

They symbolise intelligence and, thanks to Edgar Allan Poe, madness. Plus there's the gothic and Norse mythological connections. No animal fits me better.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Nothing wrong with Ravens.
Sinister and mysterious they maybe... But I wouldn't play one at poker...
For me its Dragonflies - but that is another story...
Hope you enjoy your visits.
Please don't feed the crocodiles - even of they are gods, they always beg for scraps and giving in only encourages them...

Smith

Minstrel
Hello and welcome, Jake! I was going to ask if it was the band, too (I love them), but the bird is just as awesome. Their symbolism is pretty crucial to my WIP, so I am definitely a fan of your username. I hope you have a great time here and find lots of useful information and camaraderie.

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
I could never quite get into the band, unfortunately. I don't dislike them, they just never really stuck with me. Maybe I'll give it another go soon.
Ah ravens and their symbolism crop up quite a lot in mine too. There's a lot of Norse/Nordic influence.
And thank you. I've already lost count of how many old threads I've had open in different tabs, and it's already helped me solve a few things I was stuck on.