• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi from the land of Oz

Hi everyone

I'm Heath and I live in a town on the west coast of Australia. I'm in the early stages of writing a fantasy novel set in a mythical ancient world, its fun to let the imagination run riot with those retro movies of columned temples, bronze helmets and chariots. I've sketched out the characters, world and story and am now 4 chapters into the writing, which is exhilarating and daunting at the same time - especially the dialogue!

I'm looking forward to learning more on the craft of writing and reading others' work and getting feedback on my own. Cheers all :)

Heath

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met BronzeOracle
Oh... Chariots, I like a good chariot... not enough chariot races for me [never gotten over seen the 20s Ben Hur].
Share what you know and learn what you need...
["Hey, World-building - its my speciality"and other misquotes from Predator 2]
And anyone that has a Harryhausen model as their avatar - is okay with me...

Haha thanks CupofJoe, your welcome is very welcome! I am hoping my rendition of a fantastic world is a bit less jittery than the stop motion animation of those classics. The world as it stands is coming along for the ride so I expect I'll be modifying it as I go and particularly after the 1st draft is finished. In the mean time I can read some of the great posts here on world building!