• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Yes...I'm the "new" guy

Hello all... AllegedObserver here. Well, my real name is Steve, but this internet thing seems abhor real names - probably something to do with the uniqueness factor (I dunno... seems legit, right?)

Anyhoo, I'm a 45 year old guy from Canada. I have been a fan of fantasy and history for as long as I can remember. I played my first D&D game when I was 9, and been an avid RP'er (any genre) ever since. I used to read books a lot, not so much now. Movies are more my "jam" now.

I have tons of time to read your posts, and a large vault of useless information to share and even a few opinions. I have plenty of time, as I am on medical disability (the painful details of which I will spare you). So, I look forward to meeting you all during the course of our discourse!

AllegedObserver (Steve)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met AllegedObserver [aka Steve]
Vaults of [useless] knowledge... willingness to share opinions... plenty of time to waste - I mean spend here...
Yep... you should fit right in...
Is the Polar Bear significant?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hello Steve
(It's a polar bear.)
Welcome on in to the scribes' favorite place to procrastinate! I was going to do for you one of my piratey welcomes, but I guess you're spared, because I'm feeling decidedly un-piratey this morning, meh.

Ooh, a lover of fantasy and history. Do we have room for one more of those? Anyone? See another seat? Oh yes, right down there in the second row. Welcome aboard this pleasure cruise, then (not a pirate ship). Hope your stay with us is an adventure worth seeing (I mean, it's not like we're gonna hand ye an oar any minute and tell ye to row like yer life depends on it). *clears her throat* Excuse me. As I was saying, I hope you have a lovely time sightseeing in out vast ocean of posts. It's been a productive four years and more research is always fun.

Thanks for joining us. There are loads of ways to have fun here, from chat to challenges, and way more. Hope your stay here is as fun as mine has been.

Is the Polar Bear significant?

Is the polar bear significant? Well I could point you to the multitude of "...Advice from a Polar Bear" places in the interwebs - however that would be just a smoke screen. In point of fact, polar bears are big white creatures (much like myself) that seem ungainly, yet are incredibly strong and quick. To me a polar bear is a beautiful, majestic animal and is defiant against an ever changing environment. They are, in particular, my favorite animal. The Toronto Zoo (not too far from where I live) has a few polar bears and I would happily pay the ridiculously high entrance fee they charge just to spend the morning watching them lay around, play with the over-sized toys, swim, and walk about like the kings they are. I have been using this picture as an avatar for years now. I sometimes wish I could add the caption "OMG...what are these idiots thinking..." but the I think the facepalm is enough (that and I don't think people could read a caption on an avatar that small).

Oh... and thanks all for your kind words.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Well I know my sister likes them... Polar Bears that is to say. She has a plan to go see them next year somewhere in Canada. It's only the cold that puts her off. If they live wild in the south of France, she'd be far happier to go see them, even if the French would have something to worry about...
I tend to associate myself more with Dragonflies. I love to watch their darting flights and see the scattering colours of their bodies.