• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings, all!

Lawr

I confess that I rather stumbled across Mythic Scribes and had very little intention of signing up. However, poking around the forums changed my mind. There are a lot of wonderful resources here that I fully intend to exploit.

I mostly write alt-history and steampunk, but I find that a lot of the nuts and bolts of fantasy are very practical and applicable to my genres. I’m a history junkie and an amateur conlanger–mostly because I have about zero ability to suspend disbelief in my own work. ‘Internal Consistency’ is pretty much my holy grail. (For the record, my demands as a reader can be summed up as “is it fun?”)

Actually, my world-building obsession has more or less taken over my real-world life. Not that I’m complaining.

-Lawr.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Lawr
Haaaa! [evil moustache twirl] that is how we get all our new victi- I mean, members.
I fall head first in to world building and then have trouble with the tides of actually writing a story!
Good luck writing.
See you around.

Tom

Istar
Hey there!

I didn't have any intention of signing up at first, but I got snagged. You'll like it here, once you forgive them for kidnapping you...

Hey, you write steampunk? I do too, though mine is more steampunk fantasy than true steampunk. I also do a lot of conlanging.

Hope to see you around on the forums!