• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My name is Travis.

Redgrave

Acolyte
Hi to all - My name is Travis. I'm new here, and am an aspiring children's author. I have completed my first book, "The Isles of Atlas and Curse of Redgrave," a middle grade fantasy. It will be a multiple book series aimed at upper, middle grade readers with 77,000 words, along with an illustrated guide and maps. Looking forward to sharing the experience and would love some feedback. Thanks

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Travis [hence forth to be known as Regrave]
Good to have you here.
Share what you know, learn what you need.
And don't feed the statues... they'll take off your fingers...
I like maps! No that is wrong, I hoard maps and look at them for a curiously long time...

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome,
Pull up a chair next to the fire, warm yourself its frightfully cold out there, have a drink, get in on the local chatter.
Don't mess with the serving wench, she doesn't play well with others.

Try the stew, not sure what meat they found for this batch, but its almost tasty.
What ever your posion is, we have something to interest you.

Panda

Troubadour
Hail and well met Travis [hence forth to be known as Regrave]
And don't feed the statues... they'll take off your fingers...

In my intro thread, you told me about talking to sad trees. :confused2: What kind of crazy world do you live in? (No, really, what world do you live in? Because I want to read about it! :))

Welcome, Travis. :) Middle school is when I fell in love with the fantasy genre, so writers on that level will always have a special place in my heart. Who are your influences? I was (and still am) a huge fan of Lois Lowry.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
A late welcome, but I've been away for a while. Hope you find what you're looking for here. This is a varied group of writers and our rich culture is one centered around sharing, brainstorming, and feedback. Whenever you feel like it, you can post questions to Writing Questions, or a sample for critique in the Showcase. If diversion is your pleasure, come procrastinate with us in the Challenges or Chit Chat. We've got room for everyone here and we'll keep you motivated to write or keep you distracted from writing as long as you allow us!