• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from a new member

Mark

Scribe
Hello. I joined Mythic Scribes a few minutes ago. I live in a part of the world with few fantasy readers or writers (I think), so I hope to make friends with other fans of fantasy (& sci-fi) here.

I write fantasy adventure stories.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Mark from Northern Taiwan
Good to have you here.
Leap on in when you have half a mind - it's still better than most of us can manage...
Share what you know and learn what you need.
I'd avoid the buffet ... It's been out since I arrived and that was awhile ago..

Mark

Scribe
Thanks - I usually have 1/2 a mind, so it should work out. I have a question, if it's ok.

What do you have to do to become a Dark Lord?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Questions are good... Answers - those we can have problems with...
Post 1000+ times... it is not exactly onerous, but it is time consuming...
With your next/fifth post you should become Acolyte... if I am reading this right... Ranking System

Welcome aboard. From a marketing point of view, being from Northern Taiwan could give you some advantages. There's definitely a push in SF/F here in the US for more non-Western points of views. And if there's less competition from NoTa, all the better. I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Mark

Scribe
Thanks for the welcome. Although I live in Northern Taiwan, and have lived in many countries, I'm originally from the North of England (all northern places :)).

But I've lived in Taiwan for over a decade, and lived in different parts of Europe too, which has given me a different perspective. Whether it will help with marketing, I'm not sure. I have started a fantasy and sci-fi writers group here, which is small but active.

Mark

Scribe
Is there much of a community of fantasy writers - or just writers (in English) - in Tokyo?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a fun place to find friends and talk about the craft of writing fantasy, but it's also a great place to research, hang out, and share.

I've been here a few years and no finer place to discuss all things writing exists, if you ask me. I hope you find what you are looking for here, whether it be motivation, ideas, or feedback on your projects.