• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey there

Giya Kusezu

Dreamer
Hi all. I'm Whitney :) My screen name here is a play on the Japanese word gyakusetsu, which is "paradox". It's a little inside joke that unfortunately I'm the only one who knows about (Psst - jokes don't work so well when no one else gets it)

Anyway, I drifted in here just because. Writing has been one of my foremost hobbies for the past eleven years or so, and I mostly write fantasy, but occasionally I dip into sci-fi or just fiction. I've self-published several of my works and love having a copy of my own book in my hands, even if no one else reads it. I started writing because I wanted clean stories that I could enjoy. Now I also write because I'm addicted to world building and getting to know my characters better.

At home, I'm a wife, mama to fluffy chickens and turkeys, and a horticulture addict. My useless skills include waxing philosophical with myself, reading things backwards and upside down, speaking cat, and straightening crooked rugs. I love trying new foods, especially cheese. I'm not the strongest dog in the pack, but I'll help you however I can with things like yard work, even if I look ridiculous doing it. And I love to make people laugh.

Also, self-proclaimed science nerd, here. That is all.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Giya Kusezu [AKA Whitney]
Welcome to the Ship of Fools.
I like jokes that no-one else gets... they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Share what you know and learn what you need.
I like world-building, it is usually my down fall... a rabbit hole I can't climb out of. And I have recently discovered that my MC's Mentor is actually the villain of the peace/piece...
I just to work on a Turkey farm... Dark days...
The Stables do need a good shovelling... if you are up for it. We supply the gloves but you have to bring your own goggles... the hippogriffin poo stings the eyes a bit...

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard fellow science nerd! We can never have too many of them around.

I know what you mean about the feel of that book in your hand. It just a fantastic feeling.

I hope the site will be of use and entertainment to you.

And if you like yard work, I got lots of snow you could shovel right about now.

Giya Kusezu

Dreamer
Thank you for the welcome! I can't say that I like the idea of cleaning up after the hippogrif - I think the turkeys are as big as I want to go. Thanks, though :)

Tom

Istar
And if you like yard work, I got lots of snow you could shovel right about now.

Hey, same here! We've got some as tall as I am.

Anyway, welcome, Giya! Hope you enjoy your time here and get a lot out of interactions with other writers. We love people with a good sense of humor, and you seem to fit that bill to a T. :D

Merchen

Acolyte
Hello! I am new here and just wanted to pop in and say hey. I am not science nerd, but I am a nerd! HOpe to see you around the boards.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Yay for nerds! I'm a serious history junkie and clothing is my obsession. I'ts funny, I almost never find ways to include my passions into my stories. I guess I keep trying, though. I hope you have fun here and find the support you need to keep going and bring those stories to light. This is a friendly place where we work hard to be helpful, insightful, and supportive. I hope your stay is as motivating as mine has been.