• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Merchen

Acolyte
Hello! I am here looking for other writers to talk about writing with. I am a mother and I work full time so I tend to do most of my writing at night. I am working on a few projects that aren't in my normal genres. I prefer to write fantasy and urban fantasy, but for some reason I am working on a set of cozy mysteries along with plotting out some short stories.

Hope to chat at a lot of you soon.

Merchen:D

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Merchen
Glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do.
Leap on in when you have half a mind - we are a [hopefully and usually] helpful and friendly bunch...
Night Owl writing... I wish I could, I'm an ultra-Lark [I'm usually done for the day by about 09.00]

:wavespin: Hello Merchen and welcome

I'm a bit of a newb here myself but of the several writing communities that I've tried, this is easily my favorite. The community is genuine, patient, and above all, knowledgeable. I hope you'll feel right at home here.

I recently graduated college & just moved back home. I'm 1 of 9 children and I spend most of my day chasing after a 4 and 7 year old. I freelance by day and write fiction at night (the only time the house is quiet enough to be productive). (9 pm seems to be my time too :) ... though I can easily lose track of time and go until 2 AM or so). That's also the time I begin prowling about the internet reading the news or frequenting forums like this for inspiration, procrastination, reading materials, and unique perspectives that challenge me. I love hearing about the worlds everyone is so delicately crafting and to see all of the thought and discussion which surrounds it. Yay art!

I can't imagine writing in only one genre. I read many genres so why not write in several as well?
-More power to you!

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined our little party. If it's writing buddies you desire, sign in to chat publicly, or just ping someone with a cool avatar (I do). If you feel like sharing, we have a showcase where you can ask fellow scribes to give opinions and get feedback (don't forget to tell us what kind of critique you are seeking). And if you like friendly competition, we have the Challenges, where we test our mettle against one another.

This is a fun and open group and I hope your visit with us is an enjoyable and productive one. And if productivity isn't your immediate goal, come hang out with me and procrastinate! :)

Best wishes.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome to Mythic Scribes. You've found the best fantasy writing and reading group on the Net. Honest!