• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Guten Tag!

Serious forum is serious business. I was actually attracted here by the Flash Fiction contests, although my referrer informed me beforehand that I would have to have five posts in order to gain access there, so here I am.

I commonly go by Mars or Rowan on the internet (and many, many derivative thereof). I frequent the Nanowrimo site (as Rowan Law), and poke around at other writing sites on the internet. The majority of my friends online originate from the Nano site as well XD

Obviously, I like to write. Along with that, I like to read (I can't imagine someone who likes to write and not read, but apparently these beings exist). I've been writing for a little under ten years now, and my writing has come a long way since.

My very most favorite author is Brandon Sanderson, who has definitely spoiled me when it comes to reading other books (particularly his magic systems. Oh, the magic systems). However, I do like to go out of my way to read books from other authors, and new authors--particularly self-published authors, since they tend to get a bad rap (some do deserve that rap, but not all. I'd like to be a self-published author one day, since I don't really want to sell my soul to a publishing company (perhaps if I wanted to make a career out of writing, but I want to be something different.).).

I plan on becoming a Computer Science major, pursuing something where I don't have to leave my home to work . . . I also want to become an English minor, since my original life-plan was to become an editor.

I'm currently in the middle of writing an 85k-novel, a few novelettes/novellas, and revising one novelette in particular (first finished story! I have a horrid time finishing things. It's the bane of my writing existence). I often have a surplus of ideas and not enough time to write them (or not enough motivation).

Anyways. How's your day going?

Reaver

Staff
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes! Thank you for joining our community! I hope you find everything you're looking for here!

All the best in your writing and other endeavors.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Mars Enyalios
See you around.
Not leave the house? Where's the fun of standing around the water cooler a gossiping if you are at home?:confused:

Russ

Istar
Servus mein Freund!

My day is going great thank you very much. Good choice on computers over editing, editing is grossly underpaid.

Hope you enjoy the site.

SeverinR

Vala
Guten Tag, Wie geht's?

Have you viewed Sanderson's lectures on writing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbL-84SkT4Q

Welcome, join a table. Beware of the bar cats, the feline overlord (above) watches over them.

Try the veal and tip your serving wench...not to far though, she's sampled a few drinks already, wouldn't be much to tip her over.

@Reaver--Thanks! I've already begun to find the things I want here :)

@CupofJoe--I've always been the person who prefers to stay at home and read a book instead of go to a dance and gossip XD

@Russ--SO underpaid! It's ridiculous. The field is also super competitive, because English is apparently an easy degree.

@TheCatholicCrow--Thanks :)

@Steerpike--Hail! XD

@SeverinR--Gut, aber müde. Und Sie? *grabs a table* I'll attempt not to tip her over, then!