• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings, people!

Derry

Hello!

I truly wrote and rewrote even the title of this thread at least three times (all two to five words of it), that's how nervous I am! But none the less, here I am - was starting to miss having a writing community, and had to find one again after some years.

I'm a uni student from dear old (cold) Finland, and I adore fantasy. Writing, reading, betaing, I'd draw if I had the talent... Unfortunately, uni takes a huge chunk out of my time with labs and microbiology and everything, so I don't have as much time to write as I'd like. I'll try to be a productive piece of the community anyway, and manage with a foreign language on a constant basis again!

Here's to hoping you aren't all fire-breathing dragons out to get little newish writers like me!

-Derry (who does, in fact, have red hair, which is one of the meanings of the name)

Saigonnus

Auror
Greetings and well met! Don't be afraid to jump right into the threads, contribute like the rest of us. Among us, I assure you it isn't about the quantity of your posts, but about the quality. Have fun and nice to meet you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Derry
There is the odd Dragon around here, but BD [Black Dragon] keeps them in line. It is a gentle benevolent hand, I mean claw.
The rest of us are pussy-cats [figuratively if not literally].
We tell so we can share what we know and we ask so we can learn what we need.
Leap on in and paddle around.
It is good to have you here.
I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do.

Fear not Derry!

We are a kind and gentle lot. We welcome you with open arms and open minds. It takes all kinds of people to make a community. Your voice and experiences are unique and I look forward to anything you feel like offering to our discussions.

:) Welcome!

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard Derry.

Anyone from a cold country like mine and the home of Hannu Mikkola is great by me.

I think you will find this place pretty friendly, and I hope you get a lot out of it.