• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings Mythic Scribes

L M Rush

Scribe
First of all, I'm a total fraud. I've been a aspiring (and failing) author for years now, and have finally managed to start properly writing. I'm based in the UK and work full time for a completely uninspiring company, doing absolutely nothing towards my writing.

I'm working on 'The Ten Men of Wrath' Series, starting off with 'The Rebirth of Destin'th'. It's based on a myth of, you guessed it, 'The Ten Men of Wrath' a group of do-gooders who all die well over a thousand years before the story starts, you only ever see two of the ten (in the prologue of 'The Rebirth of Destin'th') and we get to see the world (Destin'th) start to return to it's former glory, thanks to something left behind by 'The Ten Men of Wrath' being discovered and salvaged by Riocht Nyvern, Suphal Sailstrom, Niasi Frais'th and the 'Carthorse' Mian.

Naturally, I've intentionally only mentioned the basics. Ideally this would be the first of many, my main problem in the past has been procrastinating over so many sequels/prequels for my story. Now I've just got stuck in and started writing, from the beginning. Which is probably a smart place to start.

I expect to essentially be using you guys to keep myself writing, and in the frame of mind of being creative. Will more than happily read over people's work in similar situations as myself, as no doubt I will be unsubtly trying to get you guys to read my work.

Many thanks,

L M Rush.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Ahoy there LMR, and very welcome to Mythic Scribes. I hope you'll be able to soak up some of the creative atmosphere of this place and that it'll help you keep on track.
Sometimes it can be really tricky to stay focused on the writing, and then it's good to have a place like this where you can pop in and have a look around and see what others are doing (or avoiding doing). We're all writers, more or less, and we all have our good days and our bad days. It's up and it's down.

:)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met L M Rush
This is a great place to find support [of many kinds] and diversions [of other sorts].
Leap on in and have some fun... or not... your choice.:p

L M Rush

Scribe
Haha, cheers guys. Will most definitely jump in and pretend to be just one of the regulars.