• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good Morning Mythic Scribes!

Good morning Mythic Scribes!

I've been a subscriber to the newsletter for well over a year now (truth be told, I've lost track of how long I've been following y'all) and have been a frequent reader of the site's articles. Thought it might be nice to actually start some dialogue with my creative peers.

A bit about me...
  • I'm getting married on November 1-in part because it's All Saints Day/Dia de Muertos but also because it marks the start of NaNoWriMo and both my fiance and I are passionate about writing.
  • I'm currently living on a ranch, acting as foreman while obtaining my MFA in Creative Writing, Editing, and Publishing.
  • I love fantasy of pretty much every flavor but also frequent the realm of science fiction. Throw me some interesting characters and perhaps a really cool magic system or setting and you'll make it onto my list of Awesome People.
  • As of right now I have five books self-published with more on the way, two are part of a horror series, the other three are a set of fantasy westerns-the third of which I'm very excited to say, JUST came out!

And lastly, I LOVE talking shop about writing. I'm terrible at starting conversations (though I'm making an active effort to change that!) so feel free to message me or otherwise connect! I'm still working on my profile but hopefully I'll have my social media information up soon.

Can't wait to delve into some threads!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met KindredQuill
I know someone that got married on 1st July because it was the start of the Battle of the Somme, so Dia de Muertos and NaNoWriMo is sounding fairly normal as reason.
Good to have you.
Well.. you know what were like so you have no-one to blame but yourself now.
Leap on in and enjoy the chaos, I mean creative atmosphere.

Russ

Istar
Well board KQ. From the sounds if it you are in just the right place. I already enjoyed your thoughts on the Sword and Sorcery Question.

I am curious where you are doing your MFA and what you think of the program. My wife got hers at Seton Hill and I taught there but there are many great programs out there and I am always interested in learning more about them.

I have a great love of movie westerns and would be interested in reading your books. Please give us an easy link.

Since you are in Texas and live on a ranch perhaps you can help me. Being a John Wayne fanatic I am thinking about doing a "western" ranch vacation next year. Are there any destinations you might reccomend?

Looking forward to seeing you dive right in and enjoy yourself here.