• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A wild stranger appears!

Seraphim

Dreamer
What a nice gem MS is right? I've been looking for a community for awhile, but couldn't really seem to find an active and inviting group. I hope yall prove otherwise. Anyways, I am terrible with introductions, but hello, I am student studying Computer Science. I have been always enjoyed writing, but I really started in 2010 in a RP community connected with Star Wars The Old Republic. Yes, I do also like SF writing along with fantasy. I take inspiration for the otherworldly. I like sailing, playing chess, puns, and reading, and I am a pro at Netflix-ing. I hope this a good community and that I can jump right into the abyss.

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard.

I think you will find this community very helpful with an assortment of kind and varied folks to discuss writing issues with.

Feel free to jump right in on any topic that you find interesting, and if you don't see what that catches your eye feel free to start one of your own.

Look forward to seeing you around MS.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
You might be good at netflix-ing, but how good are your chill skills?

I'll show myself out... (You're very welcome in the community though, Seraphim :) )

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Seraphim
Good to meet you.
Jumping in is highly encouraged... The Abyss is optional...

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the Scribes! this is an awesome community with people of all kinds of experience levels. We've got professional authors with proven track records, all the way down to non-writers who just like to see what other folks are working on. We've got artists, world-builders, and anything else you can think of connected to the craft of fantasy writing. And the site is full of great stories written in Challenges (you can spend countless hours reading old challenges), a Showcase where people can show their work and get feedback or tempt in readers of their work, and a huge place for asking questions (World-building, Writing Questions, and Research, depending on what you're looking for). This is a really friendly place where we discuss all manner of writing-related topic, and we try our best to keep the conversations friendly and judgement-free. I hope you find what you're looking for here. Some of us have been here a long time, and I can honestly say, for me, it's sort of a one-stop shop for a fantasy writer. You can find critique partners, advice on how to become a better writer, and like-minded individuals who will support you in your own developing writing journey. Wherever you are in your personal journey, this is a great place for everyone to find the right kind of support to get them motivated, inspired, or just busy writing.

Best wishes.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Hi Seraphim!

Welcome

I think a lot of writers here dabble in more than just fantasy. I myself enjoy Sci fi, or speculative fiction, or dystopian fiction, as well as low fantasy and urban fantasy.