• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introduction

Grizzly Bear

I had a friends direct me to the website and I must say I am really encouraged by what I have seen so far, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have been writing all my life but didn't take it serious until the mid 90's. I have made a lot of mistakes, threatened to pack it in more than once in frustration, even wanted to have a not so polite chat with a deconstructive critic that thought he was helping but almost caused me to stop writing all together.

I have lived in Ottawa, ON, Canada, since May 1993, and have never left. Due to health reasons I retired from active employment in Jul 1995. My obsession has become my writing which I try to do daily.

My biggest accomplishment in life is a wonderful wife of 31 years and 2 fantastic ladies, 23, & 26. My experience in the military has taken me to all 4 coasts in Canada, allowing me to see this great country of ours from coast to coast to coast.

I write what is sometimes called High Fantasy. I enjoy creating worlds and characters and allowing them to stretch the limits of possibility. I am working on a 6 book series that is in a variety of stages.

Book 1 - is at the proofreader and will be released at the back of the other 5, it contains the back story.
Book 2 - is undergoing final edits and I expect to be able to have it off to the proofreader in late Jan 2012.
Book 3 - still needs to be edited
Book 4 - needs editing and lengthened
Book 5 - I have the basis of the book worked out and the last chapter has been written but haven't had the time to finish writing it

The premise for the story is a young bard is thrust into the center of a conflict between 2 gods (a god & a goddess) who have been forbidden to actually fight on the planet. A sword created millenniums ago mysteriously reappears but requires the addition of 5 extra pieces. Our Hero and his young wife must travel to 5 spots throughout their world and elicit the help of Dwarves, Humans, Elves, Gnomes & Giants PLUS 5 different dragon species to create the blades. Once completed he has to learn how to use the special properties in the sword and close the portal preventing Dorganna's minions from entering their realm.

Books 2 - 6 are 500 years in the future & my HEROINE must reassemble her ancestors sword, which means finding the blades where she will actually stand and face the goddess in an epic battle. There is lots of adventure and more than one twist to the plot that makes it an interesting and new story.

TWErvin2

Auror
Grizzly Bear,

Your post indicates you have a solid story and plan of execution. Glad you joined in here.

Terry

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium, Grizzly Bear! You've definitely found the greatest place on the internet for all things fantasy & sci-fi! It's great to have you in our community!:D

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Grizzly Bear, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!! =) Please make yourself at home, you'll love it here- it sounds like you have very interesting stories, and I am sure that you will contribute greatly to our community of Fantasy Writers.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and how do, Grizzly. Your name has weight, and your presence is a good tiding. We welcome you to the Scriptorium; may you find solace here, and warm your massive, man-killing paws at the hearth of knowledge and camaraderie.

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Welcome to the writey place where all us writey people do writey things, and stuff. :)

Last edited: