• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Darrin Drader Here

Hello,

I'm Darrin Drader, and I've been a professional writer since 2000. I started by self publishing gaming material compatible with Dungeons and Dragons, moved on to actually write official D&D material, worked as a writer for an MMO, and most recently, in 2012, shifted away from gaming and toward writing novels.

My first novel was a heroic fantasy novel set in ancient Greece, called Echoes of Olympus. Following that, I wrote a Gamma World-esque novel called Legacy of Ruin. Currently, I have two completed novels that are in the editing pipeline, one for Reign of Discordia, a science fiction setting I created, and the other a cyberpunk novel for a games publisher. I also have three novels in the works: Pearls of Atlantis, which is the sequel to Echoes of Olympus, the next Reign of Discordia book, and a book for Ed Greenwood's new fantasy, called Stormtalons.

I'm interested in this community mainly for marketing resources. I'd like to know what approaches authors are having luck with, where to find good reviewers, and what I need to do to get sales up. Of course, I'm also interested in meeting other authors and sharing in their insights and successes.

Russ

Istar
Hello,

I'm Darrin Drader, and I've been a professional writer since 2000. I started by self publishing gaming material compatible with Dungeons and Dragons, moved on to actually write official D&D material, worked as a writer for an MMO, and most recently, in 2012, shifted away from gaming and toward writing novels.

My first novel was a heroic fantasy novel set in ancient Greece, called Echoes of Olympus. Following that, I wrote a Gamma World-esque novel called Legacy of Ruin. Currently, I have two completed novels that are in the editing pipeline, one for Reign of Discordia, a science fiction setting I created, and the other a cyberpunk novel for a games publisher. I also have three novels in the works: Pearls of Atlantis, which is the sequel to Echoes of Olympus, the next Reign of Discordia book, and a book for Ed Greenwood's new fantasy, called Stormtalons.

I'm interested in this community mainly for marketing resources. I'd like to know what approaches authors are having luck with, where to find good reviewers, and what I need to do to get sales up. Of course, I'm also interested in meeting other authors and sharing in their insights and successes.

Welcome aboard Darrin, I hope you find this site helpful and sometimes entertaining.

IF you are interested in marketing you might want to consider starting a thread in the marketing subform describing your efforts to date, your goals and any current plans. Hopefully it will generate some discussion that might lead to a few tidbits that you can use.

Hi Darrin, it's great to have you here! I concur with Russ, (I've yet to publish yet and can't offer much advice)
So good luck!

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome to our humble inn of Scribes.

Pull up a chair and tell us of your travels.
Privy is out back and to the left...Don't go to the right, the dragon don't take kindly to strangers.
If you do go to the right and survive you won't need to go to the left anymore, cause it done left you.

First rounds on you. Enjoy.