• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night

brokethepoint

Troubadour
I have been putting off putting the words that are in my head onto paper for quite some time. I believe that I have finally reached the point where I can no longer put it off.

I have been reading the forums for the last week and can say that it has been quite encouraging and helped to build up a desire to get writing.

I was going to type a bunch of stuff in here with typos and grammatical errors and say how I was ready to submit a novel, but my ocd will not let me do it.

:D

Weaver

Sage
I have been putting off putting the words that are in my head onto paper for quite some time. I believe that I have finally reached the point where I can no longer put it off.

I have been reading the forums for the last week and can say that it has been quite encouraging and helped to build up a desire to get writing.

I was going to type a bunch of stuff in here with typos and grammatical errors and say how I was ready to submit a novel, but my ocd will not let me do it.

:D

In my opinion, that's why we need forums like this: motivation and encouragement.

My twin has OCD, too. As you may be discovering, as long as you keep it on a leash, it's not a bad thing for a writer to have. :)

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium (if I keep calling it that, it will stick eventually). I'm liking the Truman Show reference. Long time since I saw that film!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Welcome! This place is a "Motivation Hazard" for sure. Ever since I started posting stuff here, I have at least three new stories i NEED to write, not counting those I was working on when I came here.

brokethepoint

Troubadour
Hopefully the motivation enables me to get these ideas moving, I have had 4 ideas in my head for quite a while. I started working on them quite a while ago and have just not been able to put them to paper.

I think my problem is that I have these ideas but then I will hit a part in the plot that snags me and so I put it off.

I am one of those that it has to be perfect, it has to make sense, be realistic and not be cliche.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
I think my problem is that I have these ideas but then I will hit a part in the plot that snags me and so I put it off.

I am one of those that it has to be perfect, it has to make sense, be realistic and not be cliche.

Sometimes the trick is to "just write". Not necessarily the story you are stalled on, just... something. Every day.

And for me it always needs to be something "compelling" - a strong image or concept etc. So when I am stalled with one story, I'll just sit down and write a scene later on in the story which draws me... or for another idea altogether. That keeps me a) writing and b) having something I WANT to write :)

brokethepoint

Troubadour
I usually try and obsess about one thing at a time, but this sounds like fun. I also remembered another idea that I had for a book.

I am going to try this and see how this works out.