• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Mythic Scribes

Earthright

Acolyte
Hello, my name is Daniel and I am 20 years old. I would like to begin writing short fantasy stories and share my ideas with the community. The only previous experience I had with writing fantasy stories was back in elemtary school, which wasn't too long ago I suppose. Many of the other students enjoyed my work, and ever since then I have always thought about becoming a writer. My biggest concern is sentence structure and grammar. I wouldn't say my vocabulary is too bad, but not paying attention in english class didn't help too much! Whenever I begin to write something I panic and have to open a dictionary and thesaurus tab on my computer for just about everything, heck I just looked up how to spell thesaurus just to make sure. I feel like the community here would enjoy some of my ideas after I have become comfortable here on the forum.

I currently have 4 ideas for fantasy stories, but I obviously want to just focus on one. It's sad to say that I don't read much. I've been more of a sheltered video gamer that has fantasized about making an epic world of my own. Within the past year I have been going through all my old short stories and thought I could try it again.

Thank you for reading my Introduction to the community!

Nightender

Minstrel
I'd suggest two things to start out with: Read more and write a lot.

You have ideas, so that will give you several different ways to approach your stories. Just work on what interests you and try to do a little each day.

Best of luck. See you out there.

Welcome, I am also a fellow sheltered Gamer. Would love to see you post your four ideas and we can all discuss them. Have fun man.