• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Active Fantasy Book Blogs that Accept Self-Published Submissions

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
In another thread, I suggested a website that might be a good idea to start. Well, I'm in the middle of researching whether or not the idea holds water, and just that step is going to be a lot of work. One of the things that I need to do is send emails to a whole bunch of fantasy book blogs in order to get some information from them.

I thought, "Man, it'd be helpful if I could get the MS community to help research all these book blogs."

Then, I thought, "You know, this kind of list is something that I was going to have to come up with for marketing my novel assuming I ever actually finish it (frustrated at how long editing is taking, but I digress). Maybe this is something that would be a good resource for everybody."

Here's the concept: We compile a list of fantasy book blogs that accept submissions from self published authors. If a bunch of us do a little bit of the work, we should be able to develop a pretty long list. Note that we're not looking for a bunch of links that you haven't checked out, though. The site should be active, as in it should have a history of publishing reviews and it should have published a review in the last couple of months.

If you can take an hour or so and come up with ten entries, that would be fantastic! Maybe we can get a mod to edit my original post above so that the top post can be a comprehensive list. Even better, we can post our experiences as we interact with the blogs listed and delete the ones who go dark.

NOTE: I purposely did not include blogs run by people on this site because I figured that, if they wanted their blogs included on the list, it would be best from them to post below saying so.

Last edited:

Chilari

Staff
Maybe we can get a mod to edit my original post above so that the top post can be a comprehensive list.

I'm happy to do that.

As for the blog list itself, while I've not posted a review in recent months (mostly due to having been reading non-fantasy most recently - I can't stop reading Patrick O'Brian) I do review indie fantasy novels - in fact I'll have one coming up in the next two weeks or so. So my blog can be added to the list, if that's okay by you.

I've got a linked pic from "The Book Blogger List" on my sidebar - that would be a good place to look for book bloggers. I'll have a look at a few when I get home.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
I'm happy to do that.

As for the blog list itself, while I've not posted a review in recent months (mostly due to having been reading non-fantasy most recently - I can't stop reading Patrick O'Brian) I do review indie fantasy novels - in fact I'll have one coming up in the next two weeks or so. So my blog can be added to the list, if that's okay by you.

I've got a linked pic from "The Book Blogger List" on my sidebar - that would be a good place to look for book bloggers. I'll have a look at a few when I get home.

It occurs to me that someone may decide that the list would be cleaner if we make the blog title a hyperlink instead of listing it the way I did with the blog title followed by the link. I think my format is better. It allows us to copy the information into a spreadsheet that we can use for tracking submissions.

Thanks for agreeing to keep the list updated. That's a huge help!

Brian

Motley

Minstrel
This is very useful, not only as a marketing resource but as a way to find more interesting blogs to read. Thanks!

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Here's the next batch of ten. Perhaps Chilari should also edit the first post to include the following:

Blogs included on this list are active at the time of posting and accept books in at least one fantasy subgenre. Not all blogs on the list accept all fantasy subgenres. Please read the review policy for each blog carefully before making a submission.

The Eternal Scribe Official Website & Blog of Author Danielle Forrest
Elfwitch Loves Books elfwitch Loves Books
The Selkie Reads Stories The Selkie Reads Stories
Fantasy Book Lane http://www.fantasybooklane.com/
Ermilia Ermilia | Blind Sight Coauthors
Fantasy Muse Fantasy Muse
Twinja Book Reviews Fighting to bring Multiculturalism to YA, Fantasy and Science Fiction novels
Hines and Bigham's Literary Tryst Hines and Bigham's Literary Tryst | Indie Authors Helping Other Authors – A Book Review Site
Indie Paranormal Books Reviews Indie Paranormal Book Reviews
Rosebuz RoseBuz » reviews, thoughts, science and fresh stories

Sorry about the formatting. I switched to using Excel as I think that will make it easier to track. Note that I'm putting all these sites into Excel. If there's interest in me maintaining a clean version (one with just the names of the sites and the links but without my submission tracking info), I can do so and distribute it to those who email me at [email protected]

Also, it would be a huge help is others on the forum could help me in compiling this list!

Thanks.

Brian

EDIT: I had a cool idea. Maybe as "payment" for me giving you the Excel file, you should post at least 5 new sites?

Last edited:

OlgaGodim

Scribe
Thanks, Brian, for your useful posts. I'm still sending out requests for reviews. When I have at least a few reviews, I'll post the lucky sites here.

tlbodine

Troubadour
This is hugely helpful. Thank you guys.

I have some to add, but I'll have to retrieve the list. As soon as I find it I'll post some more.