• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Basic Sales Data on my Published Works

I almost exclusively listen to books as audiobooks, so it will be interesting to see how the numbers look when updated. I wonder how Narrators are found, and how long it takes to record them.

TWErvin2

Auror
I almost exclusively listen to books as audiobooks, so it will be interesting to see how the numbers look when updated. I wonder how Narrators are found, and how long it takes to record them.

Snowpoint,

I'll make a point to post a link to my blog similar as I did in this thread when I update sales information.

My publisher goes through ACX mainly to find narrators. Self-published authors sometimes do that as well. I am not sure how long it takes to record a book (hours wise). I've worked with three narrators thus far--I'm one of the individuals who's proofed the files and also answered questions the narrators had. I can say that the more experienced a narrator is, the faster the process is.

Here's a link to an interview I did with a well respected and experienced narrator, if you might be interested: Interview with Audiobook Narrator Jeffrey Kafer

Have you made your books available through any of the subscription services yet? I think they'll command 25% of reads within 5 years, although much of that will come at the expense of ebook sales.

TWErvin2

Auror
Thanks for posting an update. I'm the audiobooks are doing well.
Snowpoint, I enjoy audiobooks and am glad they're doing well too.

Have you made your books available through any of the subscription services yet? I think they'll command 25% of reads within 5 years, although much of that will come at the expense of ebook sales.

No, StephenPower, my publisher hasn't gone through any of the subscription services. A am certain that they won't be going through Kindle Unlimited as that limits distribution through other venues. As Gryphonwood is a smaller press, it isn't afforded the same ability to be a part of KU and still sell on other venues as large presses.

Thanks for sharing - it's quite illuminating to see that the eBook version accounts for the lions share of the sales. Do you think many of them would have bought the paperback if the EBook hadn't existed?