• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Script Frenzy?

Kelise

Maester
I am :D Haven't started yet since I've been on holiday for the past five or so days, but I'm starting tonight as soon as I upload my holiday photos and set up my new 3DS and iPhone 4. My priorities are a little silly.

Been thinking about it.

Never written a script before. I am, however, currently working on a story all in dialogue (not trying to be meta or anything, just working on my dialogue writing skills,) It's gotten me thinking about script-writing, so I may give it a whirl.

I totally bombed at Nano this year 21,000 words :( , so this could be a way to redeem myself in no one's eyes.

Fodwocket

Minstrel
I'll be giving it a try, started yesterday ^_^ I was talking with Starconstant about having trouble fleshing out my minor characters, and she suggested doing Script Frenzy from their point of view. I have since gotten really excited and spent half of yesterday plotting out my book from their pov. It's actually added a lot of depth to my plot already, not to mention the characters, and writing it like a script will help me get to know their voices, so yay.

Kate

Troubadour
I'm a dedicated Nano particiapnt but just can't crack Script Frenzy. I gave it a shot last year, got roughly half way. Signed up again this year but decided there's far, far, far too much going on right now, I couldn't work it into my priorities. I knew if I tried too, I'd either feel guilt about neglecting the other stuff, or feel guilty about not 'winning' another year. Who needs that kind of self pressure?!

November is the only month I'm willing to give wholly to the OLL. And I start to look forward to it ever year around Dec 1.

Kelise

Maester
For those who might wish to know how many pages they should have on each day :)

Script Frenzy Calendar by ~Sunnystreak on deviantART

Because I know I'm completely lost, being as far behind as I am... the convention/holiday was great, but now I'm behind! *whine* AND I'm leaving for London on the 25th...

I just do Script Frenzy for the same reason I've convinced Fodwocket with ;) I use it to plot out my next novel, and help tweak character voices through dialogue alone, rather than actions and reactions.

That said. I'm behind and really struggling with it this year.

Fodwocket

Minstrel
That's fair enough Kate, you really have to be in the right mind set for these things, not to mention have the time. I can't wait til NaNo comes around again either.

Hope you're going okay with it Starconstant ^_^ I got a lot of writing done on the plane to Perth, so I bet you could get even more done on a flight to London!

I'm 28 pages in, hopefully I can keep it up.

Kelise

Maester
Yay, I think I'm caught up for now at 37 pages on the 11th day.

...Though really, I need to be ahead since I leave for London on the 25th, so I need to be finished by then...

Dr.Dorkness

Minstrel
Hmmmm, this might be fun to try. Beside my normal story writing I'm writing a script for a new webcomic. It still has to come of the ground, but hey, I have something to do when my muse does not give me anything for my main story.

Kelise

Maester
Woo, that's awesome, all kinds of scripts are very welcome there :)

Currently at 44 pages. Still need to write extra :\

ETA: Wrote with Fodwocket for two hours tonight and did 15 pages :) Now at 59 full pages!

ETA: Wrote again with Fodwocket for an hour or so. Now at 80 pages :)

Last edited: