• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNo

Kelise

Maester
It's basically the same as NaNo - 50,000 words in a month - but it runs in both June and August this year, over on this site: Camp NaNoWriMo

The main difference is there aren't regional lounges or forums - instead, you can elect to become part of a 'cabin', where you're matched up with a few others and I /think/ you get our own set of forums there, just for the four/six/eight of you.

If you have an account on NaNo or Script Frenzy, you can simply log into Camp NaNo - the accounts are shared across all three.

Just a heads up, as it was in July/August last year and the move to be a month forward may catch some off guard. June is fast approaching!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I may try this. I've done NaNo since 2008, so it would be fun to do during the summer (even though I'm working.) I'm getting a new desk, so I want to try it out.

Leif GS Notae

Closed Account
Ugh. I was so delirious from my Script Frenzy writing, I am not sure I could handle trying to write a WIP in two days.

It is good to think about though, maybe I'll give it a crack for the summer.

Mythos

Troubadour
I'm totally going to be participating in this. I did last year and lost both times, but I did get some writing done. Hopefully, I can do better this year.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I just signed up. Name's PhilipOverby if anyone wants to find me. I'm going to try a manga idea I've had bouncing around in my head, but decided to try to do it as a novel. It's called Monster Hunter Hunter about a young monster who finds a list detailing the Top 10 Best Monster Hunters in the land. He decides to go on a quest to take them out one by one. Some monsters like his idea, while others worry that invoking the wrath of the monster hunters will just make things worse for the rest of them.

In the tradition of Grendel it's a story about the monsters' POV, but with a more comic twist.

Kelise

Maester
I wish it were possible to add people as friends on Camp NaNo. Or at least lock people in to be cabin mates like choosing a script partner for Script Frenzy (where if you both add each other in a certain box, it locks you in).

Guess OLL need more money to make things happen - fewer people are donating lately, including myself. Yay for the financial crisis.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I saw an option where you can request certain "campers" but it doesn't guarantee you'll be set up with them. The system is kind of weird, but also pretty interesting at the same time.

Kelise

Maester
Maybe a group of us can all request each other and they'll take the hint ^^ If they just made it self-creating like on Script Frenzy, you'd think it would be easier for all... but then, I have no idea about programming and if it's different between sites even when it's the same group.

Kelise

Maester
I'm Keladryie there, I'll do the same. Is anyone else interested in being in the same cabin? It seems there five to a cabin (as it has spaces to nominate four).

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I've never done something like this before. I'm in. Ankari79 on that site (I can't believe someone jacked my name!)

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
June is a crazy month for me, but I'm going to try, even if I'm up until midnight June 30th scribbling away! Just signed up under my name here (ha, no one takes a Shakespearian name!) If you still want a bunkmate, I'll join you in your cabin, starconstant.

Last edited: