• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNo Progress

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I figured I'd post this here so we can encourage each other, state out progress, dole out word wars, whatever is needed throughout November. I haven't been frequenting the NaNo forums much anymore, so I figure maybe we can consolidate some of what's going on in this thread.

Today is November 1st here in Japan, so I'm a day ahead of most of you (I'm assuming). So far I've managed 800 something words in about 40 minutes of writing. Not bad! OK, so I'll get back to writing for now!

For those that are struggling early on, I HIGHLY recommend at least outlining chapter by chapter (if you haven't outlined the whole thing). I'm going to try this method this year. So far it's working for me and it still gives me freedom to come up with stuff as I go along without TOO much freedom.

Anyway, good luck folks!

Hypervorean

Scribe
Ah. It has been November for 10 hours here. I got 1380 words down before going to bed "last" night. Now I am up and ready for more. I am hoping to get a bit ahead in the beginning, so I will have something to fall back on if anything should go wrong.

Happy writing everyone! :D

wildink

Dreamer
So far I only have a little over 500 but I still have about twelve hours till I need to reach the first days word count so I'm not too stressed I won't hit it.

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Well, I started a few hours early last night since I don't stay up until midnight like a lot of people do for NaNo's first "day", but my word count was about 800ish words then. And I've met half of my daily goal in an hour, but since I have the day off, I'm going to keep writing to get ahead.

And experimenting in a journal style is proving interesting, especially since I haven't done pantsing in years. My current main character is proving to be quite opinionated.

(The NaNo site also seems to be flooded at the moment, so if anyone from MS wants to do a word-war, feel free to message me over the forum chat. ^^)

I made it to 11,761 before I came into work late at about 9:30 am. I'll see if I can match my 25k in one day from a year ago, but it will be tight.

Graylorne

Archmage
I did 1.065, describing a tricky shipwreck. Not something you simply shake from your pen.

Btw don't hurry, I think the NaNo site is overloaded. Couldn't upload my score and now can't connect at all.

NB: It worked again.

Last edited:

Butterfly

Auror
Today, I have done 3112 words as a start - worked out as one chapter somewhere in the middle of the story, I'm not sure exactly where yet. But as it was in my head that's where I started. Now all I've gotta do is build around it somehow. I looks like I'm going to be working forwards and backwards rather than in any sort of chronological order.

I'm off to bed now, well soon.

soulless

Troubadour
Congrats to those above who have done so much today, I'm going to try and squeeze out a few words before I run off to bed.

Hypervorean

Scribe
Ah. I reached a total of 4,100 words for day one. Now there are 7 minutes till midnight, then I can begin the word count of day 2 :)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
My NaNo started off with more a fizzle than a bang. :p I got a little stuck coming out the gate, and ended up squeezing out about 100 words before I decided that forcing it wasn't working and shelved it for the night. Hopefully, tonight will go more smoothly.

JCFarnham

Auror
Ah yes, the early-NaNo over achievers ;).

Since I'm away from a week soon I should really try and get ahead before I fall too far behind... If it happens it happens, right!

I almost had 1869 for my first day, but I updated too late. 1708ish isn't so bad.

Need. More. Wordage.

Centerfield97

Troubadour
Around 1,470 words today. Got in a pretty interesting prologue and a start to the first chapter. I would have loved to have gotten 2,000 words for the day, but I reached a natural stopping point in my thought process and thought it would be a good idea to call it a night.

myrddin173

Maester
I got 1830 for today. I had hoped to get to at least two thousand today but I just didn't happen. I'm over the baseline so I'm happy

MAndreas

Troubadour
2482 today- so much for my planning. By page two a brand new side kick critter showed up...sigh...sneaky bugger!

soulless

Troubadour
I managed 571, hopefully a bit more today. I'm away for the weekend so probably won't be getting much done then so next week is when I should really be getting started.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Up to 4,061 today. Not quite the 2,000 I wanted, but I'm bone-tired after working and about 2 hours worth of writing. Still on course so I'm happy for the moment and my outline is definitely helping guide me. Also going with a more simplistic writing style for once has made it easier to push forward.

Muqtada

Scribe
I hit 2220 at my 'midnight kickoff' and intend another 2k for today. Completely flying by the seat of my pants for this one so pretty soon I'm going to have to try outlining as well as writing but for now WHEEEEE!

Graylorne

Archmage
Today's score: 1.697, total score: 2.762.

Not all that much, but I'll pick up speed - after all, old cars need more time to accelerate :)