• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Iron Pen Anthology

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I'm excited to announce the publication of the Iron Pen Anthology: Volume 1. I'd like to thank all those who contributed time and effort. In no particular order:

• Tim Goff aka ThinkerX
  • Anita Howitt aka Caged Maiden
  • Antonio del Drago aka Black Dragon
  • Robert MacAnthony aka Steerpike
  • Michael Poretski aka MFreako
  • Philip Overby
  • John Wong aka Penpilot
  • Martin Spernau aka Guru Coyote
  • Brian W. Foster aka BWFoster78
  • Camila Vielmond aka Nihal
  • Joseph Flis

Producing a professional quality book proved more time consuming than I thought. In the end, every minute was worth it. If you're interested, you can check out the book at the following sites:

Cracked Anvil

Barnes & Noble

Amazon

Kobo

I've linked the cover elsewhere, but it won't hurt to do so again:

cover-212x300.jpg

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Publishing question: how did you settle on the price?

Amazon hits hard if you price your book less than $2.99. Most authors do so to earn the higher royalties. As such, most self-publishers are lost in the shuffle, as most consumers can't differentiate between minimal and higher production investment. I've invested in this ebook. Cover art, copy-editing, website plugins, ISBNs, and marketing.

Most traditional publishers price their ebooks between $7.99 to $12.99. I figured my work equaled more than the regular self-publisher, and less than a traditional publisher. Thus, $4.99.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Which Iron Pen Challenges are covered? Is it just the winners, or does it sometimes include the runner up?

And which challenges will the next volume cover?

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Which Iron Pen Challenges are covered? Is it just the winners, or does it sometimes include the runner up?

And which challenges will the next volume cover?

Hello Devor,

This anthology covers 1 through 12. The next will be at least through 20, maybe 24. It depends on a few factors. Does that mean I've given you enough incentive to finally take a stab at one?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
This anthology covers 1 through 12. The next will be at least through 20, maybe 24. It depends on a few factors. Does that mean I've given you enough incentive to finally take a stab at one?

And deprive other talented members of the chance to be featured in the anthology? That sounds cruel!

. . . .

:chicken-sign:

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Bought it just now. It says something about this forum that I bought without even looking at the ToC, much less trying to read any of the free sample. I didn't have to. I knew there would be quality.

Trick

Auror
Congratulations to all who made the cut! The book looks great, Ankari, and I will be buying soon. Maybe reading all the great stories will help me get into the next one. It surely can't hurt :)

N.T.D

Dreamer
bought and read and i loved it. some stories i liked more than other, but I liked them all. it is very nice work. very professional. congratulations. and i would love to see more soon.