This will be a new sub-game within the Machiavel world, where hunts are scheduled monthly and characters must range through many landscapes in a race to kill (or capture) the posted bounty. You do not necessarily have to be a baron of Machiavel to join in The Endless Hunt, as you can create a new character to participate. However, if you want to use your existing baron in the game, that is encouraged as well.
Those who are interested in The Endless Hunt can post here in this thread and then we can start working on character creation and such once I know there is some interest.
There will be different Classes of hunters, who will have advantages and disadvantages in the various hunts depending on their selection. Think of the game as a text RPG version of Monster Hunter in a way. The game will be role-play heavy, so you have to rely on your role-playing ability in order to rise in ranks and collect bounties.
Here are the (tentative) Classes, although I may add more later:
- Trapper-focuses on making traps to catch various creatures
- Ranger-focuses on tracking skills and ranged weapons
- Brute-a melee fighter who uses brute strength to fight bigger creatures head on
- Whig-an aristocrat (maybe even a baron) who uses bloodhounds, hawks, or other animals to help track prey
- Poacher-an outlaw who uses whatever methods necessary to catch prey, sometimes disobeying the laws of the season, these characters are often looked down upon in game
- Hybrid-a type of character created by the player who utilizes methods of the other classes to lesser degrees
- Each character will have a "Specialization" and a "Weakness." I will discuss these during character creation phases.
- Players are encouraged to form "Hunting Parties" in which they can hunt the various creatures together. However, if you prefer the "lone wolf" approach, that is perfectly fine as well.
- I will (similar to the Trigger Challenges) post monthly awards for various good (or bad) deeds done during each season.
I will serve as the Game Master with input from Ravana. The various hunts' outcomes will be determined on how well the players role-play the scenarios given to them (meaning Good Roleplay=Great Rewards). Once I have interest from potential players, we will start the First Season, in which I'll go into more detail how each hunt will work.
Please post here if you're interested and then we can begin the Endless Hunt!